We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
61 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

In your opinion, which is the best Disney Moderate Resort (Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans - French Quarter or Port Orleans - Riverside)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

Well, there's always a dissenting opinion to give you a different perspective. The Contemporary is very nice and it's convenient to have the monorail pull right up (and through) your hotel, but it's a deluxe resort and not everyone can afford the "extra grand." And the entire state of Florida is pretty much one big swamp, so you're likely to see snakes and gators from time to time.

As for me, I really enjoyed Port Orleans. My check-in went well, and they were very responsive to my needs for a crib

Ilfracombe, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

I have to agree with NY lady. We stayed at POR 2 weeks ago on the advise of this forum and I will never stay there again either! Bus lines WAY too long and too spread out for me. They also did not meet any of requests for building preferences or water view that we paid for! Go somewhere else, POP Century has its own busses, they dont share with any other resort. I did not feel that staying at a moderate was worth the extra cost. If a monorail was available that would be one thing, but not the bus service to POR!

miami, florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

Have stayed at all of them & my vote goes to Coronado Spgs.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

I really liked Coronado Springs for its theming, pools and separate bus sevice. I didn't try the food court but my kids got stuff to go on the dining plan. the Maya Grill has a great breakfast buffet. I think the rooms are pretty much the same size in all the moderates. Just depends on what you want from your vavcation.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

very disheartened to read the disparaging reviews of POR. We have resies there in October :(

I have seen the CSR website and tho it looks nice, now im wondering if i should change it.

I do like the idea of the River Boat rides to DTD tho. Cant you take the boat to DTD and transfer to the other parks? is that faster or longer?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

Busses from DTD don't go to other parks, just resorts.

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

Does anyone in their heart of hearts seriously believe that all these glowing accomodation reviews have been written by the average Joe Public? They say ignorance is bliss-Not in such cases it isn't!

Rather than read and base your decison on the reviews my humble advice would be to come out and ask the question in realtime to those on TA what they think about a ceratin situation or in this case a Hotel.

Don't take the reviews as Gospel-Excuse the Pun given my attire!

Pensacola, FL
6 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

I've stayed at French Quarter, Riverside, and Caribbean Beach and like the French Quarter the best. Caribbean Beach seemed older and outdated. Riverside is beautiful, but huge. French Quarter is smaller, so you are closer to the lobby, restaurant, and bus stop. French Quarter has one bus stop while Riverside has at least four.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

I would like to add, while staying at Port Orleans Riverside, many people staying there loved it. The other poster is correct about waiting what seems like forever for a bus. There were no lines for the bus, so expect to be cut off by others who rush to the bus before you .

I happen to vacation with my daughter and her children{my grand babies}, and she actually preferred the Pop Century over Riverside.

Every one has needs that one expects to be met and when the simplest need is not met it can sour a vacation experience.

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Which is the best Disney Moderate Resort?

We just stayed at POR it was great.We were in building 18 which was close to everything.Advise to anyone with 5 in there family,we were given a trundle bed that slides under the bug bed our 3 year old went to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and when she went to get in the trundle bed which is on wheels the bed moved and she hit her face off of our bed and cut her lip wide open,so just be careful if anyone uses these beds because they don't lock in place and they move around