We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach

Hi,

Which beach do you think is the nicest in Florida?

I have been to Clearwater which was pretty nice.

Are there any as nice or even nicer at all?

Thanks guys.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach

Destin Fl.

Palm Harbor, FL
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach

There are plenty of beaches as nice as & nicer than Clearwater. Typically, the further down the gulf coast you go from the Clearwater area the clearer & prettier the water gets. St. Pete Beach, Siesta Key, Casey Key, Venice, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island & more are all beautiful. For more waves - check out the east coast beaches. Cocoa Beach & Amelia Island are my favorite east coast beaches.

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach

Traveller 113,

We have been to Clearwater, St Petes and Fort Lauderdale. Out of these Fort Lauderdale was by far the best. We found Clearwater, although the actual beach was nice, the area was run down and after 9.00 everything died! We have 2 young children and although we certainly didn't want nightclubs etc we wanted somewhere with a bit of life in the evening! Maybe some nice shops, restaraunts etc.

We felt the same about St.Petes but Fort Lauderdale was totally different.. wonderful beach, cleaner streets, better restaraunts, shops, you can get the water taxis to different places and there is a really nice entertainment complex ( can't remember what it was called) but it had shops, restaraunts, cinema, small bowling alley etc. I'm sure it was a Spanish sounding name.

If you do consider Fort Lauderdale you will find it is nearer to Miami so if you are doing a two centre holiday with Orlando you are better off flying into Orlando and out of Miami.

It would be interesting to know what you decide!

Have a good trip.

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach

Thank you for the pointers.

lutz,fl
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach

Without question Destin offers about the most beautiful BEACH AND WATER in Fl however, it is way off u course.. Destin is up in what is called the PANDHANDLE. The olny other area that offers the bautiful beach as Destin is in the Fl. KEYS, totally differene direction than DESTIN... Water in ALL of the KEYS is BEAUTIFUL. Good luck..........

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach

Thanks for your advice.

I also hear that the Keys are beautiful.