We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a Villa

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
Save Topic
Buying a Villa

Do not know if you guys can help, but you all have such a wide knowledge of Orlando. I am thinking about buying a Villa to rent in Orlando but do not know really where to start. I am going out there again in June for the 5th time. Can anybody point me in the direction of where to go to

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a Villa

Thinking of buying a week or longer in a timeshare resort? Or thinking of buying a year round property?

I would think twice before planning on renting. Consider there are appprox just under 100 Timeshare Resorts with many 3, 2 and one bedroom units.

Now, think about how easy it is to get a week or longer into these units...even without owning.

RCI has lists in different areas of the internet offering weeks for as low as $199. (Last Call). Timeshare Users Group list last minute rentals for no higher than $700 a week...and most go for $399 in Orlando.

Interval International also has super low cost weeks, and nearly every resort in the area is super...much competition. Resale week in Orange Lakes 2 bed 2 bath just went for under $1000. Check out ebay.

I would not buy to rent out a unit, espically as far away as you are.

Only about 7 weeks are super strong in Orlando (Now). Much sit empty the rest of the year (or they close parts of the resorts down to save $$)

If you want to check out pricing & whats available check www.realtor.com (offer approx 10 to 20% below...things have cooled off in the US, esp in Fl).

For resale T/S, one of TAs advertisers is rated very honest:

www.myresortnetwork.com

Also, www.redweek.com www.holidaygroup.com www.tstoday.com www.tug2.net classifieds (over priced at times)

There are tons of companies to stay away from.