We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let the countdown begin!

Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Let the countdown begin!

Just a little over a month and were on our way [May5-12]. I have learned sooo much from this forum. Thank You everyone. The Unofficial Guide has also been a great help. I'm a former travel agent turned time share owner. Now mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 7.My older son is Autistic, and I would not have thought of asking for special assistance if it was not for this forum. Thanks again. We are staying at Horizons by Marriott. The reviews look great . I will be sure to give a detailed report to you when we get home.

I do have a question for the experts . Can we view "Wishes" from the Polynesian Resort beach? or is the view restricted? We are planning on having dinner at Ohana's and thought we might stay to see the fireworks if it is worth it?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let the countdown begin!

Hey there,

I just returned from at trip where we watched the entire Wishes fireworks show from the beach at the Polynesian. We not only saw a fantastic fireworks show, with no obstructions, but we simultaneously got to see the Electric Water Pageant too.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't hear the music for the Wishes program too well. The view, however, was fantastic!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Let the countdown begin!

P.S.

On the Polynesian beach, they have a few "porch swings" set in the sand. We were able to get one of these swings to sit on while we viewed the fireworks. All of the swings filled up by showtime, but everyone else simply pulled over the beach loungers to sit on.

We also did the dinner at Ohana's and stayed to watch the show afterward. Parking was free at the resort parking lot, and they were generously giving out four-hour parking passes that evening.

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Let the countdown begin!

Thank you very much .By the way how did you like Ohana's?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let the countdown begin!

I enjoyed the food, but think its a little overpriced. But, most things at Disney are a little overpriced, right??

I'm a tightwad and I hate paying over $15 for a meal.