We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel City Direct

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel City Direct

Hi,just booked for October 2013 with TCD,always book through virgin but just way too expensive this time.Really worried as had no type of confirmation off TCD even though i have telephoned to ask them to send it,has anybody else had bad experiences with them ? or have they been ok?

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel City Direct

Bad experiences with them!! Let me tell you one.....My family and I booked through them a few years back, and they went bust 2 weeks before we were due to go!! Even to this day the name makes my blood boil!!

Rant over.................After going bust Virgin bought the name and they trade under their original title. The company is backed by Virgin so you should be safe. They might just be slow at admin. Just keep hassling them.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel City Direct

We have booked with them for next Easter, all the paperwork and confirmation arrived within 2 weeks.

wirral
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel City Direct

Thanks for your speedy replies,im probably just panicking as this is the first time we ve used them and dont know anybody else who has.I'll wait a bit longer .

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel City Direct

They are a bit slow.

I booked with them in June last year for September this year and since then have amended my booking numerous times to include various attraction tickets and flight upgrades. Each time it has taken 7-10 days to get a confirmation invoice from them and I have never had to chase them because whoever I have spoken has told me this is the time estimate to expect paperwork. I appreciate your frustration as I am just like that but I just think they really aren't that efficient in providing invoices/confirmation etc!

Despite all this I'm really not worried about having booked them for my September holiday as I feel quite reassured that they are part of the Virgin group who I have travelled with several times before.

surrey
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel City Direct

We also have booked for Easter 2013 with TCD and got confirmation about 10 days after booking !!

Im really not worried as i rang Virgin too when booking to ask if they could price match TCD which they can't as they are part of them now and they said for TCD to go bust so would they ( Virgin) so pretty sure your be fine :]

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel City Direct

mine took a while to arrive , they have a facebook page & if you put a message on that you are waiting for an invoice to arrive , they will sort it out for you , don't put specific details they will send you a private message to get your reservation number

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel City Direct

We've used TDC twice now once in 2010 and for this years trip (which we go on in 4 days time). We did have to call a few times for the 2010 trip as we didnt receive our paperwork either, dont worry you'll get it eventually, but other than that had no issues with them. 2010 trip went well and fingers crossed this one will too.

wirral
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel City Direct

Thanks for all your replies,feel better now knowing so many have used them and had same experience,

cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel City Direct

I go with TCD in 4 week I got my paper work ok our tickets came this morning had no problems so far (touch wood). I booked with them in 2008 when they where using XL airlines that went bust not TCD they now use virgin airlines now x

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel City Direct

We've just booked with TCD and got our Paperwork within 10 days. Can you book your seats on the Virgin plane or do you have to wait untill check in just wondered with having booked through TCD ... Can anyone help?