We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Dining Plan

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Dining Plan

Now that my vacations coming closer, I'm starting to wonder if I should purchase the dining plan? I'm staying there for a week and wondering if it is worth it and is it cheaper? Where can I find the prices? Can you guys help me with this? Thank you! :)

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Dining Plan

Are you staying in a Disney Resort? I'm not sure how to find the prices if you've already booked your stay in one of the Disney hotels but I know when I price it separately, with and without the dining plan, it ends up being about $1000-$1500 extra for a week.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Dining Plan

This should answer most of your questions.

…go.com/planning-guides/…

Donna

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,187 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Dining Plan

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852728

more opinions (and if you go to disboards you can read more on dining plans.

we always spend less out of pocket than it would cost. we bring breakfast items from home (saves money and more importantly time). never pay for water, always get the free ice water. we have a table service every night for dinner and a quick service lunch (we may also have one table service lunch). :)

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Dining Plan

Yes I'm staying at a Disney resort but I already booked my package. I didn't book through Disney so I didn't recieve the free dining plan. I'm just wondering which is cheaper either to pay out of pocket or the dining plan.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Dining Plan

It depends on what and how you like to eat. If you will only do fast food, and there are more choices than just burger and fries, then I would say not to do the dining plan. If you like to do one sit down meal a day, then you might want to consider the regular dining plan that comes with a sit down meal, a fast food meal and a snack. If you like to eat at signature restaurants for dinner and have a sit down meal for lunch then you may want to do the deluxe plan.

I would suggest visiting allears.net and looking at the menus. If you find enough on the menus to cover the price of the plan then you should book it. If not, then just pay out of pocket.

Donna

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,187 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Dining Plan

easywdw.com/worth-2/…

more reading for you :)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,701 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Dining Plan

We pay less out of pocket than the Dining Plan would cost-and since you can't use a room discount with the "free dining",we pay less then too.;the discount more than covers it. If does depend on how you eat. We have a table service dinner but the portions at Disney are huge so we split an entree or get a couple of appetizers. We don't eat dessert twice a day-dessert is usually a sundae at Ghiradellis and is a separate event. The plan does not cover tips or alcoholic beverages and the signature restaurants require 2 credits.Some people like the convenience of having the food prepaid but that doesn't mean much to me so we don't bother.It requires a lot of preplanning to make all the reservations and then the vacation becomes about being in a certain place at a certain time for a meal. Doesn't work for us.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Dining Plan

When people say pre-planning..I don't understand how it would be pre-planned since they have so many selections for the Disney Dining Plan in every park and around Disney. Can somebody elaborate that for me?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Dining Plan

You must book a reservation at most restaurants or you simply won't get in. The restaurants are booked full every night and finding one with a cancellation is next to impossible.

The counter service options you don't need to plan for but if you wish to do a sit down meal with table service you must plan and book ahead.

Donna

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Dining Plan

We went about 5 years ago and did the free dining plan. Are going back this summer last wk of June, and are debating about the cost of food and whether we should pay for the plan. We have a 15 year old now - is never full- and a 2 year old, who'd be eating off our plates. We usually do all inclusive so I like the convenience, but cost is really important. What would it cost per day for a decent sit down meal and a quick service lunch without the plan? Another option is to stay off site in a bigger place, but I don't want to be leaving the parks to go eat as its too expensive otherwise. We were pleasantly surprised with the type of food offered last time as we don't want to eat burgers every day for a week. Is it still good? Suggestions.