We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaws ride at Universal

michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Jaws ride at Universal

My 12 year old daughter would like to know if the Jaws ride is scary? What is it like?

We are going in April.

Thanks!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
scotland
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaws ride at Universal

the Jaws ride is a little scarey for younger kids - my daughter went on when she was around 7 years old, and tho we go every year to Florida, would never go back on it till last year(she is now 12) This time round she loved it and was laughing (nervously) all through it. In short it's more anticipation that gets the adrenalin pumping than the actual scares, so well worth it!

Lorraine x

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaws ride at Universal

Its a little silly, you go in a boat and see the shark, it trys to attack the boat, and other things. Just remind her it is mechanical, not a real shark, and she wont be scared.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaws ride at Universal

Is this ride still open? We were there after Thanksgiving, and it was closed. You might want to double check. The ride is nothing great, it's not worth waiting in a long line for!

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaws ride at Universal

WE were there in Feb and it was open. My 7 and 5 yr old boys were not scared. My kids were not allowed to sit on the side of the boat but I don't know about a 12 yr old. I jumped at one point but I was the one on the side of the boat that Jaws came up at.