We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for quality condo in orlando

Clay twp michigan
11 posts
Save Topic
looking for quality condo in orlando

Hello, I'm planning a vaction for my family to Disney. We are looking for a condo to rent for the week of July 2 2006 til the 10th of July. Is there anybody that can help me. I understand it is gonna cost some money but I don't want to have to pay for something that just look's nice on the internet. Then end up getting something that is not up to par. Any help would be greaty appreciated.. Thanks

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Go to www.villadirect.com and use their website to see whats in/around the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Although you don't have to rent through them, their site is a great tool and has many photos, virtual tours and accurate descriptions of the properties under their management...to get an idea of the many resorts available and what types of ammenities and accomodations they offer. They also use a rating system that identifies the quality of the accomodations advertised.

You will be surprised to find that the condo rental prices are VERY reasonable (in fact, cheap for what you get) compared to hotel rates in the same area.

Windsor Hills is currently a VERY popular resort destination in Kissimmee offering condos, townhomes and Villas. The resort is only about one year old and gets rave reviews here on TA.

Good luck and have fun deciding.

2. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 pm, September 20, 2006
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Check out AllStarVacationHomes.com they rent condos in many locations and rate the quality of the units which really helps. I've used this agency and they are reliable and responsible.

Also try VRBO.com the biggest of the direct from owner sites. Some very high end condos on there. Nicer than then ones I've seen on the agency websites, but it will take some digging to find one.

I have not used VillaDirect.com, but like All Star they rate their units and have an easy search option by date and subdivision name. They seem to have the largest inventory of townhomes and condos. I cannot comment on their service.

Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms are very close to Disney's west entrance and you can get in using backroads avoiding 192 entirely. I stay in that area by preference in Formosa Gardens which is strictly residental and does not have the community features these other places have. It's a very pleasent and convenient location.

Clay twp michigan
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

I want to say thank you for the advice and infor on condos in orlando. The web sites that were given to me were very helpful. After looking into it it look's like we have it narrowed down to two places. Terra Verde and Windsor Palms. If anyone else has info it would be appreciated. Thanks again and have a great day........Jason

5. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 pm, September 20, 2006
Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

As an option you can stay at a resort. I recommend Orange Lake Country club.

www.orangelake.com

You can call and get a price and then compare it to a private condo. It is most likely more expensive but then again I'm not sure what the owners are quoting. You can probibly get a 5 bedroom house for the price of a resort 2 bedroom, but then again do you need 5 bedroom. Resorts have additional perks that you may not find it private rentals.

Its just something to consider as a backup.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Hi,

We booked the Windsor Hills condos. After much research and previous posts I decided on it. It is has all the amenities of the resorts but less cost IMO.

If you go on www.vrbo.com you will find many listings. I would say around 100.00 a night you will find a very nice place to stay.

These are all privately owned so I would make sure you find one with lots of pictures and you check in with the owners to make sure it is what you want. The process was very simple.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Oh, It is also only 2 miles from Disney that was a big + for us!!

Bark River, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Hi browninggold,

I posted a review of Windsor Hills a few days ago and highly recommend it. I did a lot of research before we booked it, and I liked your two choices, too - the only thing that stood out about Windsor Hills is that most say its pool area is better than Windsor Palms. Just a thought. We didn't go to Windsor Palms to check it out, but we did LOVE the Windsor Hills pool. The sites recommended are good ones - good pics of Windsor Hills are at www.tonylopes.com. Good luck!

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for quality condo in orlando

Windsor Palms is starting to show it's age....especially in the rentals where the owner isn't very concerned about anything but profit.

The pictures showing the rentals available there are probably years and years old, when the resort was new. Keep that in mind.

It's a great place, we were there last year...and our townhome was kept in great condition...but was showing signs of wear and tear (carpet, paint, etc.).

On the other hand, Windsor Hills is brand-spanking new. It has only been open for about a year....so chances are that EVERY rental is clean, fresh and problem-free.

It's only one block over from Windsor Palms, was built by the same builders, and has the same condos, townhomes and villas (same layouts, too)...but the place is NEW!!

I'd suggest Windsor Hills over Windsor Palms.