We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best winter months

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Benidorm, Comunidad...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Best winter months

What dates or months is it warmest or hottest in the winter and a good time to visit places like universal etc

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Best winter months

Oct still has hot days, low crowds, halloween decor and parades.

Nov. warm during day, could need a light jacket in the evening, halloween and Christmas decor and parades.

Dec. warm and cold days, Christmas theme.

Jan. I have never been but would guess mostly too cold for my taste.

Feb. same as above.

March. I have never been but two of my friends have been and said it was too busy and cold for them.

My favorite times to go are Oct./Nov. or end of April. warm enough to swim but not too hot for the parks.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
15,840 posts
2. Re: Best winter months

The only thing consistent about winter weather in Central Florida is that it is inconsistent. Great example, last year, record colds. This year, VERY mild even touched 90 last week...then this weekend struggling to get out of the 60s on Sunday. It can be anything from 20s as lows to 80s even 90 as highs during winter - December to March. March would have the greater chances of warm and lesser chances of nights reaching freezing as we move toward Spring and Summer. Beginning of December and January through mid February are all slow times = good times to visit the parks with low crowd. But, if you want to sunbathe, ensure swimmable weather, visit water parks, etc. you can only guarantee doing that comfortably by picking a different time of year. Otherwise, it will be hit or miss.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Best winter months

Hi Steven, a few links below that may be of help to your questions. :o)

yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-famil…

yourfirstvisit.net/2010/…

www.undercovertourist.com/universal.html

Benidorm, Comunidad...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4. Re: Best winter months

Thanks for everybody reply

It is just me and my girlfriend

No kids

Looking at british airways packages or virgin packages

Cant get time off work till between dec till mid march

So thats the only time i could go

Girlfriend wants a bit of sunbathing. Eg tan lol

Shopping and maybe the theme parks

We mostly eat chinese and places like mcdonalds

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
11,035 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Best winter months

Went in early December one year and it was bitterly cold the whole week. As 1031 says, it is very hit and miss. We even had snow when we went one November, as they had their coldest November day in 54 years!!!!

6. Re: Best winter months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 18, 2013