We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car from Orlando International

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
954 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car from Orlando International

Help! Last time I rented a car in Orlando it was w/Alamo and it was a royal pain to take the shuttle to Alamo and wait in very, very long lines. Any recommendations for a better situation? Do any of the other car rental vendors have airport terminal locations?

London, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

Alamo are now in the terminal - may still mean a long line at their counter though. There are others there, including Dollar & Avis.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

Alamo are 'on-airport' now, as are Dollar. So

you collect the car from the airport

I think all the other companies use courtesy buses to take you to their office

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

Alamo

Avis

Budget

Dollar

International

L and M Car Rental

National

Are all in the terminal at MCO.

Philly
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

Alamo now has a "Pre-Pay' option that allows you to skip the counter altogether. Just go right to the garage, pick out your car and hand you paperwork to the attendant at the exit gate.

Excellent time saver!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
954 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

OH ... the prepay option is an awesome idea - to avoid the lines! Thanks for the advice.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
545 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

JulesTravel,

Some car rentals like Enterprise, for instance, offer very attractive rates and if you make your reservation through one of their offices (not located at the airport premises), you will save a lot...I mean a lot. Enterprise, for instance, has an office I believe near the intersection of Semoran Boulevard (Hwy. 436) and Hoffner and I think they provide a shuttle service to/from the airport. My daughter rented one of their cars (full size) recently and she saved more than 40% of those prices quoted by other car rentals at the airport. Go to www.priceline.com and do your own maths.

Be careful though with 'unknown" or "small" companies because you may end not saving any money but having big problems instead.

Hope this helps.

PELUCH

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car from Orlando International

I've just booked with Alamo, and got a better rate by being a Costco member. I wanted to use the pre-pay option as well, as it offers an additional 15% off in addition to avoiding the long lineups. I was told that this offer was not available. Maybe because I'm Canadian???? or maybe because I've already received a discount??? I just assumed it wasn't available at MCO - guess I'll have to check back.