We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to the parks

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
getting to the parks

Hi,

My boyfriend and I have just booked a stay at the Staybridge Suites and will not have a car. They don't do transfers to the parks and we were wondering how we will get around. I know the i-ride trolley is an option, but apparently it doesn't take you to universal. Has anyone got any advice? We don't really want to get a taxi everyday - would it be worth getting an i-ride trolley to a hotel and getting on a coach with another hotel? Thanks, L

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
essex,england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: getting to the parks

Hi we stayed at quality inn and shuttles to universal were provided but few and far between, one day we got a taxi back, couldent wait in hot sun for shuttle, it was very cheap, we asked before we got in the price, it was quiet a luxury to get a comfortable ride home, hope you have a blast, we did, on our 3rd trip this August.

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: getting to the parks

Cuba girl - the Disney buses and Monorail are available for all to use. The monorail doesnt serve all the parks/resorts, although I cant remember I am sure someone will come along who does know! Walking from one place to another in Orlando is pretty hard! Like a previous post says, make sure you carry plenty water!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: getting to the parks

Hi lja401

have you booked your holiday as a package or have you booked lfights and accom seperately!

If you have booked a package your travel agent should be able to ammend your holiday to a different hotel one which includes transfers to Disney and Univeral and there are many! you will obviously pay an ammendment fee but this should be a lot cheaper that cancelling and rebooking!

Also remember the cheapest is not always the best! I am going this year and do not want to drive, Im mainly doing disney so the money i would normally spend on a car i put towards staying onsite so i get the free transportation! It can often work out more when your over if you stay at a cheaper hotel e.g. you may have to pay for taxis and buses to the parks an extra few quid before you go on an ammendment fee will save you this money!!!

england
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: getting to the parks

have you checked the hotel reviews some say its a great location. we used the lynx buses when we were in orlando good value at $1.50 per trip or even a weekly pass

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: getting to the parks

hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. We are staying up at Disney for the first week of our hol and then on i-drive for the second so really we'll only be paying out for taxis/buses when we want to do discovery cove and universal studios, which in't bad really. So I think we'll stick with the hotel we've got - it's the staybridge suites on i-drive which does say it's a great location. x