We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat Nav v Maps

Lancashire
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Topic
Sat Nav v Maps

We only plan to drive to and from the parks more or less, would you reccommend a Sat Nav or do you think maps would be sufficient?

Thanks for any comments received.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,966 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

You won't need a sat nav for the parks they are very well signposted.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

Agree with Susie, in and around the park areas, you won't need satnav, everything is easy to get to. Satnav is useful if you plan to venture to the coastal areas. We take our Garmin, with US maps

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

We couldn't of done without our Sat Nav. I do agree that it's very easy to get to the parks but it was getting back to our villa that was the problem. We stayed near Davenport so we were a bit out the way. We had never been before but next time we go were taking it again. We took our one from home and bought the US maps directly from Tomtom. It's your choice. Enjoy your holiday.

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

How are your navigating skills Linda? If you have decided yet where you are staying then google your maps before you go and print off . Are you driving from the airport to accomodation ?? I drove many trips with out a sat nav but the threat of divorce was getting closer so i invested in one ( it was cheaper )

Edited: 3:20 pm, February 15, 2012
Lancashire
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

I would probably say my navigating skills are quite good, not sure what my husband would say though lol...We have finally booked a condo now at Vista Cay so quite close to International Drive. We will be driving from airport to accomodation which looking at the maps looks easy enough. We will mainly be driving around the Int. Drive area and parks so I think too like the earlier comments that we should be ok....fingers crossed....I will invest in some decent maps or like you said print some from google.

manchester
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

sat nav

sat nav

sat nav

............the first thing i pack. iv been over number of times and yes its easy to drive to the park, but if you take one wrong turn you can got lost very easy...

TAKE OR RENT A SAT NAV

romford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

Has any one used navfree for the IPhone? I use the uk version here and is great and woundered what the USA version was like. Thanks x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

I tested navfree last week along with Garmin for iphone.

It works well, not as good as a paid app but good.

If you aleready know how it works from using it in the UK it is a definite plus.

For the US there is a Florida only version, a good idea and lighter than a full US version.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

Was thinking of getting the Tom Tom for the Iphone. Has anyone used this app.

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sat Nav v Maps

Hehe on my first visit to Magic Kingdom, it was very quiet the car park had only a few thousand cars in it. I couldn't actually see the way out, luckly the sat directed me....lol