We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go to Magic Kingdom

Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
When to go to Magic Kingdom

We are going to Orlando three weeks from today for 6 nights/5 days ( Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues - 4/6 - 4/12)) and mainly planning to focus on Universal and relaxing at the hotel (Hyatt Grand Cypress) since we've been to Disney several times before. We plan to do the Magic Kingdom on one day. My thinking was to go on the Friday before Spring break really gets going in hopes of reducing crowds somewhat. We'd also like to do a character meal at Chef Mickey's or in the MK on the same day, so I need to plan in advance. Does anyone think otherwise? Does anyone agree? Any thoughts on which is best character meal in or in close proximity to the MK? Any help is appreciated.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to go to Magic Kingdom

Hello Natmom,

Yes I agree of the days you listed Friday would be my choice also as I have found Magic Kingdom to be most crowded Saturday through Monday.

Chef Mickey's is a great character breakfast meal. Our favorite dinner character meal is the Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom.