We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

Wakefield, United...
4 posts
Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

I have booked with Alamo at MCO a Full size 4 door car. They indicate on the website that a full size is a Chevrolet Impala / Monte Carlo or similar . Does anyone know what other "types" of cars are offered in the full size category.

Many Thanks

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
539 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

This was discussed in this thread:

It is a few years old, but might give you some idea until someone else comes along with more information.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k174459…

You can also find some info on flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-424/

Edited: 9:44 am, January 25, 2012
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
39 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

The Chevrolet Impala should feature, as it's one of their more popular vehicles in that class. You may see Dodge Chargers, and Toyota Camrys, too. Difficult to say exactly, as inventory is changed frequently, and the range of choice available depends on when you land, and what's already been taken.

Edited: 9:45 am, January 25, 2012
Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

I think you should pay more attention to the quote ;- Or Similar. cos that is what you will have to pick from when you get there . Whats left that others have not taken. Its only a grade of vehice you are booking not a particular model.

Wakefield, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

Thanks for the replies :-)

Hershey...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

I have always used Impalas from ALAMO. Great big cruiser it is, takes 3 airline suitcases in its boot.

Just be sure , it has steering wheel shifter instead of floor shifter

Edited: 11:37 am, January 25, 2012
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
21,126 posts
48 reviews
33 helpful votes
6. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

That's the kind if things us from the UK need to know Gary.

We tend to jump in the car and drive off but with experience I now take plenty of time to find out where everything is especially the foot brake which isn't always where you think it is and also the car has to be in "park" before you can take the key out, had a few fun hours in an LA hotel car park finding that out a few years ago lol

newcastle, england
Level Contributor
415 posts
27 reviews
35 helpful votes
7. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

We got a full size 4 door from Alamo 2 years ago and we picked a dodge charger I think it was that. It was a nice car

london,
Level Contributor
144 posts
104 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

Hi, does anyone have the boot dimensions for the impala? Im having to hire a double buggy as i dont know if i can fit my own one in the car plus one suitcase. Thanks

Hershey...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

susiebhawick

I once rented a Peugeot in Nice France and did not realize where the horn was until it was too late and I needed to blow the horn desperately at a french man who was backing into me without looking behind!!

horn was at the tip of the wiper knob !!

never seen more weird place for a horn LOL

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Alamo - Full Size, What types of cars are available? ”

when i rented in april 2012, there were only cars in some of the categories. if the category you rented was not there, you just got a car from then next available level up. i was low end so i only looked at the two available low end categories. instead of economy,compact,intermediate,full, standard....there was compact (which you got if you rented economy or compact)...and full(which you got if you rented intermediate,midsize or fullsize.

the cars available that day:

compact:chevrolet malibu,chevrolet impala,kia sonata,nissan altima

full: dodge caliber,nissan versa,toyota yaris,kia forte,kia rio,ford focus