We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from AS Sports to WalMart

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston,MA
7 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from AS Sports to WalMart

We will be staying at the AS Sports in May and wanted to take a quick trip to Walmart to get some water and snacks for the room. We are not renting a car and were wondering if anyone knows of taxi services available and what it would typically cost ?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from AS Sports to WalMart

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just purchase these items at the convenience store/market at the resort? They sell those kind of items.

I know Disney charges a little higher prices than Walmart, but the cost of a taxi to Walmart would be much higher, I would think.

Taxi service is pretty expensive and the closest Walmart is in Kissimmee.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from AS Sports to WalMart

If you can use the Disney transportation to get to near the Boardwalk Resort, there is a Hess Express gas station there. I don't remember their prices being any higher (I grabbed a couple of hot dogs before a spring training game last year) than normal American convenience stores. There's also a Hess right by the gate to the Magic Kingdom parking lot, though I don't know about the convenience store.

If you absolutely want to go off the Disney property to get something grocery oriented, this has been recommended before: take the Disney transport to Downtown Disney, then get a taxi from there to the Goodings at Crossroads, which is just off the Disney property. Or, depending on when you would go and your stamina, you could possibly walk from DTD, but it would be a bit of a walk. But the taxi would be much cheaper there than trying to go all the way to Wal-Mart. The closest WalMart would be about 3-4 miles from Downtown Disney.