We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot is So Fake

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot is So Fake

I realize how powerful the Disney Publicity Machine is, but is there anyone else out there who finds Epcot World Showcase to be about the fakest experience in the world? There is not a shred of authenticity there, and why are whole continents ignored? It's simply about selling things and food at outrageous prices. Even the rides are not that great.

The only thing real about it is all the flowers. They are beautiful, but a lot of the trees look beat up. Is that from the 2004 Hurricane Season? The young Chinese acrobats were great, too.

I know most families enjoy theme parks. So does mine. But I find Sea World and Busch Gardens to be ten times better than the Disney parks. Haven't been to Universal Florida. Love the one in CA. Magic Kingdom is great for the little ones, but it is always way over-crowded with insane wait times for the rides.

I hope the Disney people don't find me and have me eliminated!

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Do you feel confident Carla.

I have my doubts

Will he sign on the 14th June?

Again I have my doubts but that was a wonderful week of football.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Epcot is So Fake

I wish I knew. He's not motivated by the money but then to play for a club like Barca - can he really turn down that chance? Or would he rather lead Cesc et al into Emirates? The other thing is he likes being the main man, would he be that in Spain? What d'you think?

cyprus,paphos
4 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Calif-FloridaBoy i disagree with you i think that epcot was great and real but i agree with you that whole continents where left out.i think this is because africa is quite poor and for australia they didnt have a good theme

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Carla,

I agree with your statement about the faces on the youngun's. When my granddaughter was two, (she's 12 now) we took her to Disney World. When it came time for the parade, we sat on the curb and waited for the floats. When she saw Snow White, her eyes lit up and the excitement on her face was one I will never forget. Her enthusiasm caught on and the people around her had smiles from ear to ear.

I always take lunch and bottles of water, as well as snacks. You just plan ahead and you won't be gouged. I try to stay away ffrom the gift stores, but ineveitably, I end up buying things for the kids AND myself! As one poster stated...this is a capitalistic, free enterprise country. Gotta love it or leave it. Although, I don't find a lot of Americans swimming any bodies of water, or taking dangerous boat rides across the Pacific or riding in over-heated semi trailers, or defecting, to get to other countries, so we must doing something right.

BTW-Calif-FloridaBoy- watch out, Elmer Fudd may be out there with his shotgun...LOL (this is in reference to your elimination comment!)

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Also be on the lookout for gays parachuting into the Devils Island atteraction at Epcot

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Couldn't resist it could you?

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Subtle moi?

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Epcot is So Fake

What is the point of Epcot? Why would anyone want to spend thier hard earned holiday cash, not to mention holiday time, on learning about the history of communication,etc? OK so Test Track and Mission Sapce are good fun, but the rest of it.......... Actually I must admit that the Mexican boat ride was so bad that it was good, we all got off it laughing and daring each other to ride it again. At least they have included a bit of Nemo fun in The Sea pavillion, but our poor kids were nearly comatose by the time they had endured the terrible, poor quality film which preceded it. The whole place made me think I was watching 1970s re-runs of the Horizons documentary. The Norway ride was OK and we followed the hoards of tourists running out through the cinema, thus avoiding the mind numbing film at the end of it. The American pavillion, White men came to America, met the Indians, shook hands and lived in perfect harmony for ever more..........??????? The fireworks were great, and towrds the end of the day we did begin to enjoy the atmosphere in world showcase, perhaps because the day had aged us so much that we were becoming like all the other old people who seem to love the place. Actually Germany was the best bit, totally realistic, even down to the arrogant man who ignored our children at the kid cot stall, stamped their passports without even looking at them talking all the time to his friend in German......Priceless

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Epcot is So Fake

Well cariad. You certainly got your moneys worth from that day of Disney mayhem. How can you grumble - education and fun for the whole family. I love the way that Disney erase the culture or history of nations that they don't like.

When we went it seemed that history began with the telephone and the car. No Russians but a bit on Egypt. I hope it has changed.

I think you could do a bit better on the history and actual fact in the hotel attractions in Las Vegas.

The Venetian is far cleaner, with better amenities and much more modern than that old Venice in Italy.

40. Re: Epcot is So Fake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:28 pm, April 03, 2006