We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot in the Evenings?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot in the Evenings?

Just curious if you would advise doing the World Showcase during the day or in the evenings. I was thinking about doing a couple of evenings at the WS and a day at FW. Any suggestions?

St. Albans, Vermont
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

I would visit the World Showcase during the day. The earlier the better. We like to go first thing in the morning when it is quiet, beautiful, and you can notice the birds out (we saw a white heron walking through Britain, ha ha). At night it is beautiful but gets crowded as people flock to the Showcase for dinner and to view Illuminations. Also enjoy lunch at the Showcase for half the price you'd pay for dinner. So I say walk the World in the morning and reward yourself with a lavish meal. I recommend Biergarten, Germany..great food (buffet), beer, and entertainment!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

Hello tracie,

I much prefer World Showcase in the evenings but I have to say you won't need 3 days for Epcot 2 would be plenty.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

Given the current opening hours at FW and WS, and the pleasure of seeing WS at night and the fireworks show, do it late afternoon and evening at least once! I happen to like WS when all the lights are on at night. Really gives it a different feel. But it is crowded at night as attractions in FW close and folks head to WS, so do keep that in mind.

And I agree with Healin1, it won't take more than 2 days, even part days, to basically see the park, but you may want to see the fireworks show twice. :-)

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

Thanks I appreciate the advice. I really wanted to explore the countries at night for some reason. But as I'm sure you know it's a challenge trying to fit all this 'good stuff' into one vacation and give everyone plenty of down time.

So if I spend an early morning till 2/3 at FW and a late afternoon/evening at WS I should be able to see everything? The kids want to get different foods at the different countries so we will not do a sit down.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

Depending on the season and the day of week I don't think that you should need 2 full days to explore the whole EPCOT. If you consider that Soarin', Mission Space and Test Track are now on the top list of attractions in Orlando, and can have tremendously long lines, I suggest that you get fast-pass tickets for one of those rides first thing in the morming and then go right away for the two others, then visit the other attractions around until your fast pass happens

Then head for World Showcase, it is true that lunch will be cheaper and you can get by without reservations. By the end of afternoon you can go back to Future World and visit all the attractions that you haven't seen yet and have a light dinner. Then return back to World Showcase after sunset (you can use the ferries on the lake to safe a few footsteps) and justt walk around, looking at the illuminated scenery and then the fireworks.

Be aware that many of the "countries" of World Showcase are just scenery, restaurants and shops with no attractions so you can walk trough those in the evening while doing the ones with attractions in late morning or early afternoon when most of the visitors have not reached this part of the park yet and the lines won't be so long. In fact, unless your are going in Summer or during Chrismast time, the only two attractions where you might encounter lines are Norway (Maelstrom) and Mexico (Rio del Tiempo) at China, Canada and France you will just have to wait for the next screening of their movies and, most of the time it is the same for the American Adventure audio-animatronic show.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,424 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

Another thing about Epcot at night is that I've found it to be poorly lit. Walking around both FW and WS after dark makes it very hard to see much outside.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but they seem to really "down play" the lighting around the countries at night, and not just during Illuminations. If you want to see the buildings or flower gardens of WS, definitely do so before dark.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot in the Evenings?

There is a lot of live entertainment in the countries that you might miss if you only go to WS in the evening. Make sure you get a show schedule when you enter the park. I always make time for the Voices of Liberty at the American Adventure and Off Kilter at the Canadian pavilion. Off Kilter sometimes performs into the evening, but it's rare to catch the Voices of Liberty past about 4 in the afternoon.