We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW on the Weekends?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
198 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
WDW on the Weekends?

We are planning a trip to WDW in early November (11/3-7) and plan to visit 3 of the 4 parks on Saturday, Sunday, & Monday. I've read that these are the 3 busiest days of the week. Any suggestions for which park which day? We are skipping MK since we've been to Disneyland in CA twice. I've read that you can do MGM/AK in one day--would I want to combine the 2 or go to each on a separate day? Also, WDW hasn't posted its EMH yet, so I can't make a decision based on that info.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW on the Weekends?

Saturday is the busiest weekend day, but during that time of year, it's not so bad. They will probably still be doing the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, which will make the Epcot crowds a little heavier. Sunday will be the least crowded day, especially Sunday morning, because Sunday is typically a travel day for tourists and a church day for locals.

The park hours will be shorter that time of year, so it will be harder to combine AK and MGM. If you have three days and you are not going to MK, then I would devote a full day to each one. Epcot will probably close around 9:00, MGM around 8:00 and AK around 5-6:00. This does not take into account any EMH.

NYC
Level Contributor
329 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW on the Weekends?

AK & MK are the two busiest parks, with MK being the busiest by far. Since you are planning to do MGM/AK in one day, I will assume you are getting a park hopper.

Plan to spend all day Saturday in Epcot. Get there when they open and hit the big rides in future world- Soarin, Mission Space, & Test Track. In the afternoon head over to the world showcase, you will have enough time to visit every country but probably not all of the attractions in each. Try to go to Mexico first,a nd work you're way around that way. Stay for Illuminations.

On Sunday, I would hit AK early and head over to the safari and Everest. AK gets hot by mid day so you can see some key attractions by 2 or so. From there take the bus to MGM. They are usually open until at least 8 so you will have enough time to Fast Past the busy attractions and go back later. Stay for Fantastmic.

On Monday AM I would head to MK. Even if you have been in CA, this is something to behold. Spend the morning getting a feel for the park and doing doem attractions that are not in CA. By noon, the park is pretty crowded so from there you can decide to stay for the afternoon or to finish up @ MGM or AK.

Early November is a great time to visit - it's Epcot's foof & wine festival - fantastic fun!

Enjoy!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW on the Weekends?

Just a note on the above post.

You CANNOT take a bus directly from Animal Kingdom to MGM studios. The busses only go from theme parks to resorts, so you'd have to catch a bus to a resort, then change and catch another bus to MGM studios.

It's much easier to just drive from one parking lot to another. With November dates, you won't have super big crowds, so this will be the quickest way to get from one park to another.

NYC
Level Contributor
329 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW on the Weekends?

That is absolutely incorrect. There is a bus from AK to MGM, MK, and Epcot. All them parks provide service to the other theme parks. No theme parks provide transportaion to DT Disney however. You may call Disney and double check me if you like however I am 100% positive.