We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney for three year olds

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Disney for three year olds

Is it worth it to take a three year old to DisneyWorld, Florida.during President's Week in Feb. Also, we only have one day there and will be toting around a nine month old as well.

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney for three year olds

Your 3 year old would love it, IMHO. Just a walk down Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom will be very Magical. One day isn't much to take it all in but anytime spent watching your kids enjoy themselves is worth it in my book :)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney for three year olds

The 3 year old would love it but would you be planning to visit again another year as at that age they would not remember it?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney for three year olds

Yes! It is a wonderful age, for a first visit! Enjoy!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney for three year olds

My favourite age at disney was when DD was 35 months old I wish I could go back in time and do it again. Since you only have the one day I would focus more on characters and pictures etc. If your there it's worth the visit even if it's short

New York
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney for three year olds

Not worth it at all. Espessially during the Presidents week. The park will be overcrowded!!! The kids won't remember it. They will be tired, you will be tired, everyone would be angry. Wait until the youngest child is at least 4.5. Then they would really enjoy it.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney for three year olds

Oh, please don't wait! If you wait for the baby to be 4.5, the 3 year old will be way past "believing". Three is a wonderful age, for a first visit. YOU will treasure the memory of those first magical moments, forever.

Why be tired? Just meet some characters, dine at Crystal Palace, watch the parade, catch a ride or two and depart.

Enjoy!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney for three year olds

It's TOTALLY worth it! Even if it's crowded, you can still enjoy the parades, shows, dining and get fast passes for the rides that a 3 year old would like.

I've taken my daughter every year since she was nearly 2, we leave Saturday for her 4th trip and she DOES remember all our vacations there...even if she needs a little reminding with photo albums and souveniers. It has been SUCH a joy watching her grow with Disney.

Hope you do it!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney for three year olds

we took our 2 1/2 year old grandaughter and she had a blast. she was shy at 1st but then she loved all the rides she could get on as well as walking down main street and all the things she seen.if i can do it i know a young person will have even a better time with a little one.. go for it you will be glad you did...

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,598 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney for three year olds

since you have to buy the 3 year old a ticket,it will be a pricey trip and the child probably won't remember much. And Presidents Week will be very crowded,a lot of schools in our area are on winter break. I think 6-7 years old is a much better age for the child to have fun at Disney. But if you want to go-then take the trip.You won't get to see much in one day but if you have fun,the kids will have fun too

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney for three year olds

I say go for it. The wonder on my 2-1/2 year old daughter's face was priceless. Will she remember that trip when she's grown up? Probably not (although several months later she can still recite details that the adults on the trip had forgotten). But even if she doesn't, as parents we do lots of things for our kids that they don't remember when they grow up. And she will know that for as far back as she can remember, we did fun things together as a family. Besides, I'll always remember and treasure her experience she had. In our case, I know we'll be going back, so there will be trips to Disney that she remembers.

I agree with the recommendation to focus on the characters and pictures at that age. It's mostly the character interactions that my daughter remembers, and she still looks at our picture book almost every day and relives her experience.

I say take the 3 year old, and have a fantastic time.