We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

Can anyone please let me know what the crowds will be like in May. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside from May 9-16 and would like to know if anyone has been there at that time before. I have noticed that there are no major holidays (from what I can see) in the USA at that time, but I suppose that sometmes that doesn't make a difference :)

Also, what is the weather like that time of year. I'd also be interested in hearing if anyone has purchased park tickets from the Disneyworld website in advanced. We are from Australia and I am thinking of getting our tickets sent to us in advance via the internet. It seems pretty secure and reasonably priced from what I have seen.

Thanking you in advance:)

scotland
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

Hi Dingoes,

on this www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Orlando.htmlpage

scroll down and you can look at the weather for your dates for the last ten years x

I always buy tickets in advance from the Internet and have had no problems

Lorraine xx

scotland
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

sorry the link should read

www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Orlando.html

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

Hello dingoes,

Yes, purchasing your tickets through the Disney website is very secure however, you can wait until you arrive at your resort and purchase them there.

The weather in May is generally hot in the high 80's. May isn't as crowded as the summer months as many schools have not let out for summer break.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather/Crowds/Tickets for Disneyworld

Since you are staying at POR, you can have your admission tickets added to your room key when you check in, so you don't have to try to keep track of two separate items. You can not do this if you pre-purchase tickets and have them sent to you. It has to be done at the resort. But it is very convenient.