We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Action Car Rental

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yarmouth, Maine...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Action Car Rental

Has anyone used Action Car Rental in the last few months? Has their customer service improved at all? Or, are the prices still too good to be true and there are catches. We will be traveling in April and I really want an SUV without a huge price tag attached. Thanks!

62 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Action Car Rental

Stay Away!!!!!!!!! If there were a "zero" rating, that would be fitting for this establishment. Let me tell you our story...We picked up our car on December 21st and needed it until the 24th. We immediately noticed that a notice on the dash saying, "low tire Pressure." My husband figured that they MUST check all the cars and dismissed it thinking that they would never put anyone in an unsafe car. On our second day, we had to drive to Tampa. On our way there at 10:30 at night we started to hear a loud popping noise and instantly before we could react the car was swerving from side to side. My husband quickly pulled over to the small shoulder of the road, which happened to be on a main highway that was full of traffic and above the Alafia River. We immediately called 911 because the spot we were in was highly dangerous and my husband could not even get out of the car to see what happened. My daughter was hysterical in the car. She was terrified of the busy highway, the speed of the cars passing by, and the small shoulder above a river that we were forced to sit on for an hour. We then called AAA and they came and changed our tire, which had a blowout, to a spear in the trunk. He also informed us that because of the blowout the bumper was hanging from hitting the road after the tire was ripped to shreds. The AAA man was so nervous for us that he followed us to a parking lot to make sure we were okay. The next day when my husband called the company and explained to their manager Rick, what had happened. He then accused my husband of drinking and getting in an accident and that he was to be fully responsible for any damage!!!!!! I failed to mention that it was my husband (driver), myself, and my daughter in this piece of crap car! We had just had a full day at Universal and were on our way to my brother’s house in Tampa. We called 911 because it was such an unsafe spot on the shoulder of a highway. IF WE WERE DRINKING, WOULD WE HAVE CALLED 911???? My husband then went to their other office in Tampa to try and talk to this rude manager Rick, in person. He was then cursed at by Rick when he asked for another car for the remainder of our two days, which he refused to do. Since they refused to give us a different car and we couldn’t drive on a donut, we then had to have the tire changed. We had to pay for a new tire out of our pockets because we needed car to get back to the Orlando airport to fly home. The guy who changed our tire showed us that the tire had a patched hole the size of a pellet and that that is what caused the blowout and the tread to be completely ripped off!!!!! I have pictures of the tire to prove this!! I have names and receipts from the tire place, the 911 call and the AAA guy because I will be taking further action! I am furious that they put my family in a car we could have gotten killed in!!! Then they have the audacity to accuse my husband of getting in an accident and causing the damage and then proceed to charge us a total of $800 dollars!!! What kind of business is this??? No apologies, no sympathy, no compassion at all!!! This company is the worst experience I have ever encountered and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to rent from them. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY PUTS A FAMILY IN A CAR THAT IS UNSAFE AND THEN DISMISSES IT BY SAYING, “IT’S JUST THE SENSOR, MEANS NOTHING?”

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Action Car Rental

Quote;- We picked up our car on December 21st and needed it until the 24th. We immediately noticed that a notice on the dash saying, "low tire Pressure."

Quote;- WHAT KIND OF COMPANY PUTS A FAMILY IN A CAR THAT IS UNSAFE AND THEN DISMISSES IT BY SAYING, “IT’S JUST THE SENSOR, MEANS NOTHING?”

This company however good or bad did "Not" put you into this car . Your husband , You , or jointly made that decision.

You statement says "We Immediately noticed a notice on the dash board saying low tyer pressure" You should know that it is dangerous to drive a vehicle with low pressure in the Tye's. That's why many new cars bring up a electronic notice which the driver should investigate and take action upon. Or was this a notice left by a previous renter? in either case you should have investigated it.

Not blindly drive off onto a high speed busy road like I-4.

Had you done this when you " immediately noticed" the rental company would have given you another vehicle.

In this case it would seem the sensor was doing exactly what it was installed to do. If you were so foolish to ignore its warnings Yes you are responsible for what Happened.

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Action Car Rental

WOW Sounds like you had a lucky escape, I have never heard of this company before. Are they an American compnay?

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Action Car Rental

Yes,they are. I am still fighting this with the better business bureau. It makes me so mad!

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Action Car Rental

If you google the company, other bad comments will come up! They are not a place to rent a car from!

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Action Car Rental

xr759---You must work for this company! We did say it to the man in the office and that was his response. "It's just the sensor, means nothing!" It was lit up when the man drove it up to us at the company and he so-called checked it!

Edited: 12:10 pm, January 08, 2012
Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Action Car Rental

I don't need to work for this company to come to the conclusion that you failed to act on a warning light, fitted to insure "YOUR" safety.. The least you could have done is checked the Tye's to see if any were flatter then the rest and have them blown up. Surly your not completely helpless , Not as though you needed a box and spanners and technical know how to fix.

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Action Car Rental

You are right! I should have know better than to trust a bunch of idiots with the lives of my family. You would think that they would have safety standards to abide by, or even a conscious! Obviously they are a bunch of money grubbers and don't care about the safety of their customers at all! After this experience, I will never rent a car again!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Action Car Rental

We just rented a car with this company at their Fort Lauderdale location at the Rhodeway Inn.....really disappointing! We found 5 live cockroaches inside the car; we asked to changed the car but the rental agent just blamed it on the last renter and did nothing. The worst part is; they gave us the car with the tank so empty that we drove not nearly 5 miles looking for the gas station when the car started to stall. Good thing we already exited out of the freeway and my husband managed to push the car to the gas station a block away. Very dangerous business practice!

Edited: 3:49 pm, March 20, 2012
NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Action Car Rental

Somehow, this dont surprise me at all. I am surprised that they didn't blame the roaches on you. Horrible place of business and I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy!

Reply to: Action Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted