We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place for illuminations at epcot

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best place for illuminations at epcot

HI wher eis the best palce to watch this? also is there a "deserts package" or something of the like to secure good viewing spot?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

Anywhere around the lake, has a good view of the show. There is no dessert party, at Epcot, however dinner at La Hacienda provides wonderful views of Illuminations.

Happy planning!

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

Will second the idea of having dinner at La Hacienda for a lovely view of Illuminations. We did this in September. Had a great meal, comfy seats and took our time to enjoy the evening. We made a reservation for 45 minutes prior to show time. Another favourite spot is the outdoor seating area next to the Rose and Crown, you do not have to be eating at the Rose and Crown to sit in this area ( it is to the left of the Pub ) Recomend getting to the area at least 45 minutes prior to show time. Grab a snack ( beer, coffee, whatever :) and enjoy

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,514 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

If it's your first time seeing this, I would watch from somewhere around the lake, there's lots of good spots (near Italy is a good one). If you're inside you might not see all of it. Enjoy!

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

Well, same answer here... There is no best spot!

Anywhere is great. Just watch the wind direction. You def don´t want the wind in your face :-))

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

We stood Oposite Canada and had the best view..but catch the spot whereever you want to stand atleast 45 minutes early if you plan to make a video....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

if I dont make a restaurant booking at the Rose and crown though around the lake sounds great too. Wouldnt this and all the the other public places (including the side part of the rose and crown? be really crowded? I dont want to have to sit and wait with a 7 and 9 year old

thanks

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

Yes, the entire area around the lake, the patio at Rose 'n Crown, and anywhere on the bridge, will be crowded. If you don't want to "sit and wait" you'll just have to take your chances. Virtually everyone in the park, will be waiting to see the show. You just have to decide what is important to you; a great view or no waiting and standing behind many others, viewing the show.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

We always watch by Italy. it is slightly elevated there so no need to be right by the lake. If you stand back a bit you can see everything just fine.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

Hi there. Would you need to get here early as well? I don't want to miss a character meal at garden grill this night hence my reluctance in booking hacienda or rose and crown. Thanks

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best place for illuminations at epcot

What time is your reservation ?