We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Cruise/Atlantis

atlanta, GA
4 posts
Save Topic
Disney Cruise/Atlantis

We are going on the 3 day Disney cruise and will visit Nassau. Disney offers a day at Atlantis for $60 each. is this a good idea? Or would you take a taxi? thanks.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
henderson
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

I did the Disney cruise in 2003 it was the best cruise. we did the Atlantis, I thought the beach was just ok, but the hotel was great, they have a better beach for the hotel guests only. I had a 2 year old with me, we stayed at the beach almost all day, she had her hair braided and we had coconut drinks made out of real coconuts she thought that was great. I would take the Disney transportation because they guarantee you to get back to the ship. but thats just me always overly cautious. we did have time to walk around and shop, that was fun.

Indpls IN
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

I have been to Nassau 3 times now. Do the Atlantis on your own it's much cheaper. Atlantis is great but not worth $60.00 per person.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

My husband and I went to Atlantis while docked in Nassau. It cost us $5.00/pp each way to take a taxi (van). Sometimes if they can get more people going to the same destination in the taxi, they'll charge less. We just went, walked around and gambled a little while the kids were in the kids club. We looked around as much as we could of the grounds which wasn't much without being a hotel guest or with the excursion.

Smalltowngirl....Can you pay when you get to Atlantis to have access to the grounds and visit the beach area at Atlantis?

Indpls IN
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

I know you can pay to do the dig it's about half the cost of what the cruise line charges. We went the first time with the cruise line and we were told then that the only way you can use the beach or pools is to be a paying guest of the hotel. That was in 03

atlanta, GA
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

disneymaniac, smalltowngirl2, LoveVacations, Thanks for your advice!

UK
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Cruise/Atlantis

Have stayed at Atlantis twice. No matter how you go or how long you stay, it's definately worth visiting. I'm sure you can turn up at reception and pay.