We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Travel

GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charter Travel

Can anyone help please, has anyone heard or been with Charter Travel. Almost booked with Total Florida, and find they are under TV8(I think) and used to be Charter Travel. Help don't want to get ripped off and lose our money. thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter Travel

On 4 august Jmc27 asked the same question on trip advisor and the replies were favourable

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter Travel

I booked flights with them about 6 yrs ago, got a good price and had no problems.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter Travel

They rang me back and had a really good price for my holiday unfortunately they wanted at least half the cost of the holiday unfront which didn't suit me. Spoke to a lovely man called Carl. They have had very favourable reports on here.

A x

Edited: 2:23 pm, October 15, 2011
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charter Travel

We have booked with them for the last 2 years , and for our flight in 53 days yippee, not had a single problem,I have always dealt with sean, who is very good and will give you the best deal.

They were excellant when we were stuck at Gatwick last year when we had all that snow , they rebooked the car ect

And i will be book with them again for next year

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charter Travel

Carrberry,

We only paid 150 each as deposit , and the rest 3 months before we are due to go .

Were you booking near the time you wanted to go

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charter Travel

Not going til next June but he said that to get the flights I wanted I would have to pay for them now. Holiday was costing approx 2700 and he wanted 1800 upfront. Not sure why I couldn't get a low deposit. :/

Ended up booking with American Holidays and only paying 200 euro deposit which suited me better. But they were very nice to deal with.

A x

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charter Travel

Wow that is a big deposit .

I would go elswhere if they asked me for that size of deposit

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,285 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charter Travel

Payment in full is quite normal if it is a consolidated fare, therefore cheaper, but they have to be paid in full to guarantee the price. The agency I last worked for used to sell lots of these when they packaged Florida holidays.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,047 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charter Travel

Pay any deposits (for holidays, furniture, whatever) using a CREDIT Card and the card issuer (bank) has to underwrite your money - in other words, if the firm in question fails to deliver - the bank has to refund you. Safe.

GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Charter Travel

YOu are all so kind.. thank you for your help. Wanting to go January so not much time.