We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
180 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

I'm looking to rent a mini-van for a week during our family Disney vacation. The prices at Carl's are significantly less than the national rental companies. I'm looking for some honest experiences from anyone that may have used them. Also, perhaps recommendations for mini-van/full size SUV rental in Orlando.

Thanks,

MM

St. John's, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

Did y you ever get any help on this? I am thinking about renting from the same company.

Edited: 8:45 pm, January 29, 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

Where did you end up renting?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,892 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

They have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/aut…

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,943 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

The BBB does the consumer no good.

This BBB page gives them a D. Confusing?

bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/aut…

One is an INC. and one is not. They probably dropped the INC. and started over.

Edited: 7:11 pm, August 16, 2012
5. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 24, 2012
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,943 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

That's interesting. Thanks for your response.

I didn't know a business could change their address and get a new grade from the BBB. From a D at one location to an A+ after a move? Why does that make any sense?

Another reason the BBB is worthless and does the consumer no good.

Edited: 11:35 am, August 24, 2012
7. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, August 25, 2012
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,943 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

My problem is with the BBB not your business. The BBB has been recommended on the forums many times and this just confirms even further that they are worthless.

Va
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

I find it odd that a person with 1 post digs this thread up and is responded to by a person who has two posts 3 years apart that are both about Carl's followed by a post from Carl himself. Being the resident skeptic my suspicion has been raised.

10. Re: Anyone familiar with Carl's Van Rentals

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 24, 2012