We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do YOU pay for !!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How much do YOU pay for !!!

for travel insurance ????

Just been on the web and got it for £31 for the OH and me.

Is that good or not. ????????????

ajg

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

The cheapest we found was through a company I'd not heard of that was £26 on moneysupermarket so I opted to pay an extra £7 for Virgin

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Is that just for 2 weeks? Not bad - I think we were about £50-£60 for annual cover as a family last time but now covered thru the bank.

Lou73

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

yep for 2 weeks.

Not sure who it's with as the OH did it.

ajg

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

we pay €75 for the year (about £60)

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Fortunately we have free family travel insurance through the bank.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Hi

We get ou travel insurance through our bank account ...it has excellent cover ..

.we went to Greece last year and our connecting flight was delayed from ABZ so we missed our flight to Greece from birmingham ...so we got a taxi from Birmingham to LGW to catch a flight from there (that my neice had booked for us on her laptop) ...when we returned we phoned the insurance company that paid our taxi fare and our new flight all they wanted was the receipts

I would always suggest yearly insurance as you want to be insured from when you book your trip ...and also be covered if you are delayed on your return journey you want to be still insured

Annie

Edited: 4:42 pm, September 27, 2011
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Thats really good, as long as it will cover you for what you will need x

the last time I went in 09( with my hubby and son of 8 at the time) it cost me £125 for the 3 of us, I have to pay extra for my boys, they have asthma and take lots of medication so need to pay for their existing illnesses to be covered, the first ever time we went, my son was 2, and he caught a chest infection, and my hubby had an asthma attack,( awful time) and luckily we were covered but I had to pay $1500 dollars up front and claim it back when we got home! That's why I don't mind paying x x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Forgot to say, I get our cover through our bank account now, its also fab and I don't have to pay any extra because existing illnesses are covered x

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

I wish we only had to pay that, Just renewed our annual policy and it has cost us £260, OH's heart condition bumps it up I'm afraid.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much do YOU pay for !!!

Yep we have it free through our bank too :)