We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

My husbabnd and I are going to Orlando in April for one last romantic trip before the baby. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and would love to relax and hang by the pool, but is it worth going to Disney if I can't go on many of the rides? I will be 6 1/2 month pregnant and don't want to overdo it in the heat. Any advice?

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

Hmmm

Well some of the rides you could do. It depends whether or not you even like rides or you are going just for the atmosphere and ambience.

If it is romance you want, Disneyworld might not be the place LOL. You will hear screaming kids soon enough LOL!

I however love Disneyworld and Disneyland and I am not the type to sit idle by a pool.

Not sure if the cost of admission will be spent well if you go but Epcot is nice to walk about and just see stuff. Animal Kingdom is too!

The Boardwalk and Downtown Disney are great and they don't cost a thing.

Some of the resorts are postcard perfect for romance and you might not even have to leave your suite (wink).

Whatever you chose to do, have a wonderful time before baby comes. Just remember to return to Disney with your little one... well worth it!

Congrats!

Jokelady

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

HI

I would not be ok with not being able to go on any rides.

I would go crasy......

But Orlando still has great shops :)

WR

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

I would say like Jokelady.

Hmmmmmmmm...Well, Disney is not a romantic & quiet place. You will hear music, kids and noise. I would be careful with the rides. A pregnancy is so precious that you wouldn't want to take any chances. You can sit by the pool and relax, but for the price you paid, there are so much more you can do at Disney world. But the good side is that this would be a start for you, get used to the noise for later.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

Hello Shelbymeg,

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is a romantic resort even with children around, the grounds and pool are beautiful so go and enjoy! If I was pregnant the only park I would consider going to is Epcot because you can stroll through World Showcase, enjoy the countries and a meal in one of the restaurants. Other than that enjoy the pool and grounds at the Hyatt and stay cool!!!!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

I have to agree with the previous poster. If you want to visit a Disney park... EPCOT would be a great choice. They have plenty of attractions that would be suitable for someone pregnant and you could stroll around the countries at a leisurly pace. Have a great vacation and good luck with the baby!

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it worth going to Disney World when your pregnant?

I went eught years ago when I was 8 months pregnant. We already had a 5 year old. We went for a long Memorial Weekend. That said, it was pretty hot - not to mention that I had packed on about 70 lbs! It really was not that bad. I went on some of the mild rides. I don't like anything too crazy anyway.

Before you make any plans I would recommend clearing it with your doctor first!