We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch gardens?

england
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Busch gardens?

Is it worth the hours drive?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,961 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch gardens?

It's more like two hours drive each way, so that's four hours on the road.

If you have little ones that can't ride the big thrill rides, Animal Kingdom at Disney would be your better choice.

Busch Gardens is both a zoological park and thrill-ride park. If you have children, they need to be older to ride the rides there.

If you have no children, study the parks website and see if its worth all that time on the road to you.

england
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch gardens?

Thanks, I was aiming for something like that to please my eldest son (11)

It is helpful to know the reality of the travelling times though!!

Karen x

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,961 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch gardens?

Well, for what its worth, I think Universal and Islands of Adventure might suit your son just as well for the thrill rides.

Busch has lots of rollar coasters of all different styles, but that is about the only advantage it has. However, if he really likes the coasters, Busch is the place to go. IOA has three big "thrill" coasters, while Universal doesn't have any.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch gardens?

I prefer Busch Gardens myself. More to see and do and it is the better animal park and has more activities than AK. If your son likes animals and rides, go for Busch. It is near a 2 hour trip depending on where you start from.

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busch gardens?

We stayed in Orlando fot 2 weeks at the start of this month. We had 5 park Flexi ticket which includes free transport.

I drove my hire car to all the other theme parks and enjoyed the coach ride.

It left us with just enough time in the park, but it was quiet time of the year.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busch gardens?

KJ,

I just posted again in the report I wrote of my trip to Busch Gardens so that it will be near the top again. That way you can now find it and read what everyone had to say. I think you might find it helpful.

Awesome park, worth the drive! It offers things the other parks do not! Have fun!