We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
6 reviews
Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Just want to make sure I understand the layout/system. We are planning to dine at Sanaa, so we will take a bus to AK park, transfer to the AKL bus and it will drop us at Kidani Village or Jambo House. If we decide to stop at Victoria Falls before dinner, we can take a long walk or any Downtown Disney bus to Kidani Village. After dinner we can take a long walk or ride any theme park bus to Jambo House. Am I correct?

As I understand it, "Night Vision Viewing" is only available at Jambo House. Is this correct? Where are the night goggles located?

Thanks for your help!

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

You can take the Bus from AK to the AKL Bus, yes, it's a 5 minute ride

If you decide to stop at Jambo House for a Drink first, take the Downtown Disney Bus and it will first stop at Kidani Village Or walk over

After Dinner take any Park Bus and it will first stop at Jambo House or walk back over

Night Vision Goggle viewing at Jambo Hosue, yes, as far as I know. The Guide will have the Goggles. The Area is located out past the Pool to your left. Just ask any AKL Cast Member once you arrive

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Your transport comments are correct. the walk from Jambo House to Kidani is only about 10 minutes. Not sure why you would want a pre dinner drink at Jambo House when there is a perfectly lovely bar at Kidani, next to Sanaa.

Sorry don't know about the night goggles:(

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

hello pp, you obviously type quicker than me :)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Thanks Partypa & USLovers!

Our daughter loves AKL lobby. They often have the African drummers and dancers and she wants to participate. The drink stop is for me. I better try both bars!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

hello, any bus you take weather its from dtd or a park it will stops at both resorts the villas at akl and the jambo house.so no matter where you get the bus from you can get off at one or the other..as for the might viewing its only at the jambo house part of the resort.i don't know about the walk between the lodge and the villas as i did not walk it i took the bus over..

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
157 reviews
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Are the bus routes on the Disney site? or is this something you have to look into when you get to resort.

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

At every Resort, there will be Buses that go to every Park, Waterpark and Downtown Disney. You go to your Bus stop at the Resort and wait for the Bus to your Destination, they will have a sign on each Bus telling you where they are headed. If ever in doubt, just ask the driver. There are 100s of Buses coming and going from each Resort all Day

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Almost forgot, for travelfan,

The Primal Parade at Jambo House is at 7:50 every night, gather in front of the Zawadi Marketplace, have fun

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
157 reviews
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

Thanks partypa sounds easier than we thought. Having never used the Disney transport before I was not sure how it worked. Thanks again

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
10. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Questions

vdl2, are you staying at the Boardwalk ? Or is just the wedding going to be there ?