We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Character Dining?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
56 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Best Character Dining?

Looking for input and opinons on Best character dining experiences, food and entertainment.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Character Dining?

My favourite, as everyone on here knows, is breakfast at O'Hana's with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch. It's one of the few that isn't a buffet, the menu is served family style and is all you can eat. It is great fun for young & old alike and the food is better than some others IMO.

Chef Mickeys for dinner is a must for everyone visiting WDW, Great fun and a huge buffet and of course the fab five:)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Character Dining?

mickeys backyard bbq....bbq fare and the usual characters come out and interact with audience while asong and dance troop entertain you. we also enjoy akerhus(spelling) for dining with the princesses. you will find it in the norway pavillion at epcot. check out biergarten in the germany pavillion as well. not a character dining experience but it is buffet style with good beer and food as well as a live german style band playing and interacting with you while you eat. those are some of my suggestions.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Character Dining?

Crystal Palace is pretty good with Pooh and friends. The food is good too.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Character Dining?

Tusker House and Cape May...but I really love them all...just choose accordingly the character you want to see...foodwise they are vey much similar

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Character Dining?

Just in case you don't have the list of who is where, here it is:

http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

I agree that your decision should be motivated fairly heavily by the characters you want to see. After all, good food with characters you don't care about is really nothing special. I will say I have been to character meals at the Crystal Palace, the Garden Grill, the Garden Grove, 1900 Park Fare, and Cape May Cafe, and the food in all cases was good although I did wish the Crystal Palace fare was a little less exotic than it is.

West Conshohocken...
Level Contributor
171 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Character Dining?

I'd go with 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace.

We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast and the food was less than ideal and the service was down right miserable.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Character Dining?

hello,

we only do character dinners so i will say that chef mickeys is the best.then crystal palace and the 1900 park fair.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Character Dining?

We have been to every character meal; breakfast, lunch and dinner. many. many times. Our favorites are Cinderella's Castle for dinner and Tusker House and Akershus for breakfast. Truth be told, we are happy to dine at any of them, time and time again. The only exception is Chef Mickey's. As Lefty mentioned, the food and service were so substandard, that we will not return.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Character Dining?

If you have girls, I would suggest The Askerhaus in Norway. You can get pics with all the princesses and skip waiting in line to see them in the parks. Also included in the price is a photo package with Belle. If you have a mixed group Chef Mickey's is good.

Save Reply
10. Re: Best Character Dining?

Is that in Epcot?

Edited: 1:28 pm, August 28, 2011