We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

Earth, Wind & Fire will be performing there when we are visiting. Is the the whole Mardi Gras thing worth it? I know only selected rides will be available during the special hours. Anyone know which ones?

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

That is a good question - I have been debting if I should spend the extra money. Hope to recieve a reply!

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

The Mardi Gras tickets is not extra to a park ticket, the Mardi Gras ticket is a special ticket for admittion after 5 PM on a Saturday, the only different from a normal Universal ticket is the time your allowed into the park.

greenwich
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

I have been Universal Mardi Gras twice and loved it. It is very crowded and I would not recommend if for very young children although they are there. The older kids seemed to really enjoy the parade. It is very noisy with tons of people. But the parade seems to start around 8pm and lasts about 30 -40 minutes. We have been to NOLA which is no comparison. It does get very crowded on the sidewalks and in the streets and there are food and drink vendors everywhere. Then the band starts right after the parade. We stayed until closing (11:30 -midnight) last year as it was so great. Then you can head over to Citywalk where the party continues at any of the bars like Pat O'Brien's. You can buy food from street vendors and plastic beer bottles @ $5 each. It is a great "party" atmosphere very noisy. They have huge screens as there are hundreds of people near the stage who wait hours to see the bands. But we enjoyed watching close ups on the big screen. We are going in 2 weeks to see George Thorogood. Earth Wind & Fire will have a great performance. The admission to Madri Gras IS INCLUDED in your theme park ticket. You can buy a ticket for ONLY the Madri Gras but it is about $42 plus tax for admission after 5pm that day. Just go on Universal's web site. We usually spend the day at one of the parks and return to the hotel around 3pm to rest and then return around 7pm for the party. We don't do any rides so I am not sure what will be up and running and for how long. Hopefully someone else who has been can let you know. Have fun!

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal ~ Is it worth the extra...

Thanks so much for the info! I think I had my mind up already about going (yeah!) and your reply just made my decision that much easier. Who knows if we will ever get to

NOLA, so this will have to do for now. It sounds like it will be a blast. Thanks again!