We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new ride at disney

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
new ride at disney

Does anyone know if the new roller coaster ride everest is open yet?It says it will open in the Spring but we are going in April so I was wondering if it will be working then

Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: new ride at disney

we are going in may too, i love roller coasters :)

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: new ride at disney

hi everyone, going in April so know it be be busy.... just to check, thinking about going straight to Everest first thing to get fasspast but does anyone know which 'country' its in?

Hbee

Uk
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: new ride at disney

We were @ Animal Kingdom 10 days ago and have to admit the expedition everest ride was not all what it is hyped up to be.

Think, thunder mountainish. The ride starts off pretty much going up this steep steep track and your thinking "oh no" this is gonna be crazy....for us it was not!

We went and got passes for the fast track which told us to come back at 12.15-13.15 and as we wanted to ride it twice we lined up in the regular line at 11am. It was quite busy with a 40 minute wait in the regular line.

After the first time we gave away out fast passes to another family as we didn't enjoy it at all. Enjoyed the Safari much more.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: new ride at disney

The ride is short, about 3 minutes. It's twisty-turney-backwards kind of ride. Much of the same old same old. I love coasters, and the best one I rode *by far* was Kracken at Seaworld! Take your daughter to that one, it was awesome!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: new ride at disney

For a complete description of the Everest ride, go to the link I've paisted below.

It does not go up-side-down or looping, but it does go backward and very fast through corkscrew-type curves. It also has some pretty good-sized drops.

Here's the link:

http://www.miceage.com/kevinyee/ky012706a.htm