We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gas stations closest to mco

tamworth,uk
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
gas stations closest to mco

h

i i read somewere that the gas stations near the MCO airport are very expensive for petrol were is the nearest good priced station going towrds route 27 mission park villa's

thanks tony

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,984 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gas stations closest to mco

Not all gas stations near MCO, only two. One is a "Suncoast Energys" and the other is directly across the street. This is well documented here: flyertalk.com/forum/orlando/624077-mco-gas-s…

You can safely use the 7-eleven here: http://tinyurl.com/3vdh3bn just north of those two stations or the 7-eleven to the west of the airport at Tradeport & McCoy Rd. http://tinyurl.com/5syufh9

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gas stations closest to mco

All rental cars should be full of gas when you collect them.

On your return you can usually fill up at any gas station within about 10 miles of the airport as the needle will still show full when you give the car back.

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gas stations closest to mco

Tony, The car will be full when you pick it up. The problem is the return.

Since you will be returning to the airport on 417, when you get to Boggy Creek Road instead of going left to the airport, go right (south) on Boggy Creek Road about a mile. You will find a Circle K gas station on your right. Fill up there and return the way you came and continue to the airport.

CTR

Edited: 12:27 pm, July 26, 2011
ri
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gas stations closest to mco

this really is not a big deal.... just get gas before you get on 417..... if you're driving a fairly economical car the needle will not move much in the short 10 or so miles that you'll be on 4`17.

Va
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gas stations closest to mco

There is a citgo at the corner of semoran and hoffner. It is about 3 miles or so from MCO. About a mile past Suncoast the place that price gouges.

tamworth,uk
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gas stations closest to mco

thanks for all the reply's

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gas stations closest to mco

On the other hand you might have a contract that is collect full return "Empty"

Most of the UK rentals are on this , and you need to check. If this is the case and you return the car "Full" you will still be charged for a full tank of fuel on the return of the car. Where you to return in on fumes it still will not cost you any more.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gas stations closest to mco

This gas station in question has been all over the news in Orlando for quite some time. On a visit last month to see my Dad, on the way back to drop my rental car off at the airport I decided to stop and see if this bandit was still trying to rip travelers both domestic and foreign travllers off. Sure enough they still are thriving on the unknowning.

The purpose they claim for the higher pricing is now that all of the rental car companies are located on airport property in the parking decks, the high amount of auto traffic that once used to drive past the gas stations in the area to refuel before returning is next to nothing now. Most visitors returning to the airport from their WDW or Universal vacation drive in on Route 417 and therefore do no need to go down Semoran Blvd to find a petrol station, they simply refuel a few exits before the airport.

As long as the needle or gas guage says "full" there won't be any fuel charges tacked onto the rental fees. Don't be swindled by these gas stations. If you forget to get fuel before coming back to the airport, just go north on Semoran Blvd for about 3 miles from the airport. Look for a McDonalds on the right, you'll see a Circle-K petrol station with normal fuel prices for the area.

Enjoy your vacation! Cheers!

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gas stations closest to mco

Disappointed again !. I was hoping this post was from someone to say that had been closed . and the site leveled for free health care center or a free old folks home.

Va
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gas stations closest to mco

That is funny that they use that line now because their excuse before was that they were lower than what the rental car companies charged. If their business has dropped because the rental car traffic is gone then they should lower their price to increase busines from all the traffic that drives by everyday. I wonder why no one has posted the name, address or a picture of the owner?