We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wilmington
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

Which complex of the two would you select if traveling with 2 boys (ages 11 and 13), 2 moms and 1 grandmother? I'm a little nervous about the condition of the Beach Club Villas. Any thoughts? Also, any other options?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

If you haven't already, check the user reviews on Trip Advisor for both resorts. Plug the names of the resorts in the search box in the upper left hand corner of the page, and you should find user reviews for both. Make sure to specify the "villas", not just the resort.

wilmington
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

thanks eddy k. I did that. I believe the villas at the beach club have had a few negative comments. I hope they are isolated. I think the location at beach club may be better. what do you think

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

Others know more than me about the resorts. I can say that Saratoga is across from Downtown Disney, if that's important to you, whereas the Beach Club Villas and hotel are in the Epcot resort area. Saratoga Springs is newer, but the Beach Club villas are relatively recent as well. I thought someone else on this forum said that the best pool at all the Disney resorts was at the Beach Club, but maybe it was the Yacht Club they were talking about. If it is at the Beach Club, that would be significant, as you can't pool hop at Disney; you can only swim at your resort pool.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

I've been to the Beach Club Villas. I thought they were very nice, and yes they are only a couple of years old. Stormalong Bay is there and is very popular, as well as a smaller pool on the back side. I would agree that the Beach Club is more convenient. You can walk into Epcot, or take a boat to MGM. Boardwalk is just a short walk as well.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saratoga VS. Beach Club Villas

I stayed at the Beach Club Villas for a week in January, and I didn't notice any problem with the condition of the resort. The resort is maintained very well. It's location is great, since you are close to Epcot and MGM. Saratoga Springs is also a nice resort, and it's close to Downtown Disney, but you do have to take a bus to all the parks. You don't have the option of walking or taking a boat. You also don't have the Stormalong Bay pool complex. I just feel there is a lot more to do around the Beach Club Villas.

If you think you will be spending more time at the Magic Kingdom, you might want to consider the Villas at Wilderness Lodge as well. They have the same layout as the other DVC resorts you are considering, and you have easier access to the Magic Kingdom. The landscaping and themeing around the resort and the neighboring Wilderness Lodge Resort are wonderful.