We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for RV

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for RV

My family is considering a road trip to Disney next year and since we will be travelling for three days each way, we are planning to tow a very small (15ft) travel trailer and try to stay overnight at campgrounds along the way. Once we arrive at Disney, we would want to stay in a Disney hotel, not in the campground there. Does anybody know if the Disney parking lots would be able to accomodate our parking needs for a week?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for RV

Yes they do. I have seen many RV's & trailors parked up at various Disney resorts.

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for RV

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful. I actually have another question pertaining to parking as we would be first time visitors to Disney and I am not familiar with anything there. Does each Disney resort have its own parking lot for guests? I guess I just assumed that we would have to park in one main parking area and be shuttled in to the resorts/parks, etc.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for RV

Each resort has it's own parking lot as does each park. Where are you thinking of staying?

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for RV

Where we'll stay is still up for debate, but we had started looking into this last year and I think that we had pretty much decided on the Contemporary based on convenience (the monorail) and the restaurants there. I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge (I think that's where you have a view of animals from your deck) but friends who have been there have suggested having more kid-friendly restaurants on site for our picky eaters.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for RV

Haven't stayed at the Contempoary but have visited to go to Chef Mickeys & California Grill. I really don't like the feel of the Contempoary it leaves me a bit cold. If I were you i would think about the Polynesian, also on the monorail, it has great restaurants and is very child friendly.

We have stayed at the AKL and have to say it is the most beautiful hotel and you can't beat sitting on the balcony watching the animals stroll by. I'm a bit of a picky eater myself and don't like the restaurants much at AKL but it's easy to get about to eat at other resorts.

Wherever you decide I'm sure you won't be disappointed, Disney resorts on the whole are fab :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for RV

Sorry typing is rubbish!!! Contemporary, there, got it right this time :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for RV

Also remember that you can eat at any restaurant in any of the resorts. And if even you decide to stay at the Contemporary, remember that places like Chef Mickey's book up fast because they have characters so make sure to make some dining reservations in advance.

…go.com/reservations/dining/

Happy Planning!

pa
Level Contributor
55,119 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for RV

Parking for the RV no problem

Contemporary is indeed close for the Magic Kingdom but that's about it. Agree with USLover about it not being a favourite, leaves us a tad cold as well. You can get to all the Parks from any Resort, other transport options are easy

Have a look at all the Resort options and pick the one that feels right

Recommend - Deluxe

Wilderness Lodge http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Polynesian http://allears.net/acc/faq_poly.htm

Animal Kingdom Lodge http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Moderates

Port Orleans Riverside http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Coronado Springs http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

pa
Level Contributor
55,119 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for RV

vaca- The 2012 rates and Packages have been released, just wondered how your plan was coming along :)

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for RV

Thanks, partypa, good to know. I actually didn't think they posted rates until the 1st of the year. I have been trying to convince my husband to do this for a couple years and have done a little research every time, including signing up for savings programs, email lists, etc. So, not to get too far off topic, but I know that at least the last couple of years, I received info about a free dining plan for week stays. Does anybody know when this offer typically comes out? I was really hoping to be able to do that...actually almost did this year, but this year's summer vacation is already booked and I wasn't sure about transporation yet. :)