We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

NY
Level Contributor
688 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

Hi! I have priced Expedia, Orbitz, PLine, Travelocity, and some car site themself and not gettin any lower than 230.00 for a week in MCO airport p/u and drop off. For a COMPACT or MIDSIZE. I see alot of misc websites for "cheap car rentals" btu wondering if anyone has booked through a OFF site that had a good or bad exer...thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

mskammie,

I always book directly through the rental car company itself. I go to the website for National, Avis, Hertz, Budget and just see what the offers are. Do you have any motor club discounts, like AAA or Allstate? They will usually give you 10% off the rental if you mention the motor club.

I found a FULL size car at MCO for 230/week through National Car. com. for this March.

This already includes taxes and fees, unlimited mileage.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

I also book directly through the rental car companies. I've had the best prices in the past through Thrifty and Dollar. Always look on their site for any "specials" or "deals" tabs that they have before booking.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

I also book directly through the rental car companies. I've had the best prices in the past through Thrifty and Dollar. Always look on their site for any "specials" or "deals" tabs that they have before booking.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

Sorry for the double post. I also forgot to mention to search on the web for any discount codes for the individual car rental companies.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
656 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

I always CALL the rental company directly via their 1-800 #.

This past visit...without telling them any pricing I found online...the rep. from Dollar gave us a minivan for $100 cheaper (for 2 weeks) than their online price.

May not work for all companies for all times....but it can't hurt to try!!

Good luck.

England
Level Contributor
571 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

I've booked through Airline Network. Two weeks intermediate for £270 in May. They were cheaper than Dollar although use Dollar to provide the car. Dollar refused to price-match.

Make sure you check on the website between 6pm and midnight, it's 5% cheaper than booking by phone.

Lawrenceville, NJ
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: CAR RENTALS...what are LEGIT websites to book other than...

There is a website called Mousesavers.com that has all kinds of saving information on it. In the category under ground transportation, you can click on car companies and it will give you different cupons and codes to use in the car websites. Some of them work, and some don't, but I have saved sometimes hundreds of dollars using these codes. It is a little tedious trying all the codes at all the websites, but it is usually well worth it in the end. This website also has much information that is useful to Disney travellers.