We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New rides opening this year

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
971 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
New rides opening this year

What new rides are opening this year- we travel end of Sept and stay in Orlando first 2 weeks of Oct- anyhting I should look out for

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New rides opening this year

Expedition Everest will be opening at Animal Kingdom later this spring. This is a new thrill "rollar coaster" ride.

The "new version" of Pirates of the Carribean will be open in Magic Kingdom by the time you go too.

Anyone else know of something new coming this year?

Fort Dodge, Iowa
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New rides opening this year

Have you been to Disney since the 50th celebration that started in May? If not, check out Soaring at Epcot. It was a blast! However, I think the celebration ends in September sometime, does anyone know if all the "special" events like Soaring and the crowning of Cinderella will continue? Also, isn't Tarzan Rocks being replaced this year? Sorry, I think I asked more questions than answers. Have a great trip!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New rides opening this year

Soarin' will be a permanent attraction at EPCOT. I asked about this last year, and its popularity continues to grow. It should be around for a long time to come.

Tarzan is being replaced at Animal Kingdom, but the renovations to the theater are extensive, so its replacement probably won't come until next year.

Don't know if the Cinderellabration at Magic Kingdom will be continued or not.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New rides opening this year

Don't forget the new stunt show in MGM, Lights, Action, Motorcars is new also for the 50th celebration. Cinderellabration is the only thing I'm not sure about whether or not it's permanent. Those forecourt shows vary a lot.

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
971 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New rides opening this year

Thanks everyone for that info. We haven't been to Florida for 4 years so there will be loads of new stuff for us to see.