We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs in May?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bugs in May?

Hello again, wanted to know what the mosquito situation is like in WDW in May? Do i need to bring my Off!

Thank you :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs in May?

In a word - yes. I usually buy the Off Towelettes so you don't have to apply it until it's absolutely necessary, and they're extremely portable. You will primarily need it if you are out around sunset at that time of year.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs in May?

geez, not what i wanted to hear, oh well i guess i can't let it spoil my trip.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs in May?

RN-just in case there are bugs, I always carry a little stick thing with me called 'After Bite' for bug bites. It's very small and works great if someone does get bit by something.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs in May?

We normally go in March, but 2 years ago I took a group of kids for Senior trip in May and none of us received any bites at all in the Disney area. If you venture into grassy areas you may need something, but we never did. I had some skintastic in my backpack just in case, but never used it. We have never had to use any on our trips but we do stay in the park/resort areas.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs in May?

thank you all for your replies. I have a benadryl stick i can use and i'll take the off wipes just in case. I will be staying mostly in the parks too.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,112 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bugs in May?

You have to keep in mind that every season is mosquito season in Florida. The warm, moist climate just invites swarms of them.

That said, most areas of Florida do spray for mosquitos on a regular basis to keep their population to a minimum. I would definitely bring bug spray or towellets. I go there twice a year, every year, and have never regretted not having mine with me.