We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

Good Morning! I am making my ADR's for my upcoming trip and cannot decide where to eat while at MK! I thought about going to Polynesian so I wanted to know which restaurant everyone liked better! It is just my DH and DS-2..

Thanks!!!

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
1. Re: Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

Your DS2 will love anything, yes, so would suggest, for you and your DH, Kona Cafe, we love it, some very yummy options :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,100 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

Here's just another opinion, but having eaten at both places, I enjoyed the Kona Cafe better than O'hanas.

To me, the Kona had a more varying menu which was more to my personal tastes, although it's not an "all you care to eat" like O'hana.

Here's the menu page of both below, so take a look and see which one looks best for you and your group:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_kcd.htm

http://allears.net/menu/menu_oh.htm

Kat

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,765 posts
3. Re: Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

I'm going to go the other direction and say Ohana. The food there really appeals to us and it is all you care to eat. There are also some greater benefits I think with a 2 year old. As I'm sure you know, eating out with a toddler isn't always easy. Ohana is a much bigger restaurant if you need to take a walk and there are more distractions which may keep him entertained. For starters there are big windows looking outside if you are lucky enough to get sat close to one and not in the center section. They also have a guy that walks around singing and playing the ukulele as well as occasional activities for the kids such as pushing a coconut around the room with a broom. Since it is all you care to eat you'll get served food right away instead of having to order and wait. The servers bring the main course meats to the table on huge skewers which is fun. From experience, walking up to see the massive fire grills really helped us out with ours one time. And nothing to do with kids but the bread pudding is to die for. Also, while you may not get to enjoy the all you care to eat aspect as much as you would without kids at least you'll still get to have a wide sampling of different things versus picking one entree and not getting to enjoy it if you get distracted - helps make the effort and the money feel at least a little worth while should you have a bad go. Both are good though and essentially right next to each other. Look at the menus and choose based on your food preferences and budget.

4. Re: Kona Cafe or 'Ohana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 29, 2012