We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday package at Discovery Cove

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
birthday package at Discovery Cove

Has anyone ever booked this and can you tell me if it is worth the cost. About $75 for package I am thinking about. It is my husbands birthday the day we visit and I know my daughter would also love the surprise. Any help or advice much appreciated as always.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Are you talking $75 in addition to the $250+ per person it costs to go to Discovery Cove and do the dolphin swim (maybe less for the daughter)?

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Yes I believe it will cost $75 in total and for this we receive a 5x7 photo, special birthday buoy delivered to him by dolphin and a birthday cake. We have already booked and paid for the entrance fee.

Thanks

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Hi Allie,

During our visit to DC there were 6 people to a dolphin. There was 4 of us and a father and daughter and it was her birthday. I have to say I didn't think it was worth it. And I was surprised that they took part of our dolphin time to do this. You would think they would give the birthday people paying that much more their own dolphin!!! Don't get me wrong I loved Discovery Cove however, this part bothered me.

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Thanks Healin,

Our own dolphin, now there's an idea, my daughter would be trying to bring it home!

I must admit I did think it seemed a lot of money, but there again the entrance cost a lot, so what the hell!

Did you by any chance get to see what the birthday cake looked like - was it a decent size or a tiny thing?

Allie

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Sorry Allie I didn't see the cake. I only saw the dolphin part. He pushed a small buouy with his nose and we all sang Happy Birthday they then took their picture.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Allie,

Your going to have a great day, it's a beautiful park and a beautiful place to celebrate a birthday. Have fun!!!

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Healin,

It looks great on the video and in the brochures, seems nice and relaxing. We will be there in the middle of our 3 week stay so it will be a nice rest.

Still not sure about the package, I will try emailing Discovery Cove and ask them a few questions. As I said before I know my daughter would be delighted, but I can see my hubbie being very embarrassed! But I usually manage to embarrass him most of the time, so that will be no surprise.

Anyway thanks for your help

Allie

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

Allie how old is your daughter?

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: birthday package at Discovery Cove

She is 10 years old, going on 16 at times! Why do you ask?