We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

animals or fish?

Bucaramanga...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
animals or fish?

Besides Animal Kingdom and Bushworld, is there some zoo in Orlando worth visiting? I mean not a theme park, but something more natural?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: animals or fish?

orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/attracti…

Hope that helps :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: animals or fish?

silversprings.com

or try this :-)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: animals or fish?

Busch Gardens is in Tampa.

Do you mean zoos in Tampa also?

There is a nice zoo call Lowry Park Zoo

http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/

The Florida Aquarium is located in Tampa as well.

http://www.flaquarium.org/

And Big Cat Rescue.

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/

Bucaramanga...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: animals or fish?

Thanks a lot. I am not sure about Tampa, we will not have a car, but a lynx bus pass.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,773 posts
5. Re: animals or fish?

In town, Animal Kingdom and SeaWorld have the most animals. Epcot has an aquarium like attraction. Discovery Cove may be of interest to you. You can interact with dolphins, snorkel in the impressive man made reef, feed birds in the free flight aviary, swim, and relax. It is far from theme parkish even though it is one of sorts. Perhaps the best for you, and probably more what you had in mind, would be Gatorland. Among other things they have a breeding marsh and bird rookery with a raised boardwak you can walk across it. The alligators are there by design, the birds are there on their own accord. It's a pretty amazing site especially if you've never seen a gator up close.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: animals or fish?

With no car, you will not be able to get to Tampa.

Bucaramanga...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: animals or fish?

Thank you. Sea World we will definitly do, I had a look at Gatorland, I think we will do that even so it sounds more like a theme park kind of thing again.

No car seems to be a big problem, but I really dont like to drive, less so in places I dont know. Is there really no way to get to Tampa on public transport? Lowry sounds like what I was looking for and the aquarium too. Bush garndens has a shuttel, but I dont want to do another park, Sea World and IOA will be enough rides for me.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: animals or fish?

There is public transport to Tampa but when you get there you will have transfer to another bus system to Lowery park it will probably take you half a day just to get there. and as soon as you do you will have to set off back again . Unless you plan to book into a motel for a couple of nights.

80 mins you could drive it.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: animals or fish?

There is very little public transportation between cities in the United States. The only options are Greyhound Bus or Amtrak (train) and these are not easy to use and you might spend an entire day getting between Orlando and Tampa.

Lowry Park is bordered by residential neighborhoods and there are no hotels in the area.

With no car Tampa is not an easy option.

10. Re: animals or fish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 30, 2012