We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando in February with toddler

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orlando in February with toddler

My family and I are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive, Feb 10-15.

This is our 3-year old son's first vacation ever and we really want to make it special.

We're buying 3-day tickets with a Hopper option for WDW. Any thoughts on how to plan our visits to WDW with a toddler, since we're going to spend only 3 days on 4 parks? We'll be going back to our hotel for naptimes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of clothes to bring? What's the weather like now? (we're from Chicago and it's freezing cold here!!!)

Thanks!

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Orlando in February with toddler

Hello Glad

I am going to be at Disney from the 8th of Feb till the 15th. I have a 4 year old and 9 year old and have been told repeatedly that MGM is better for that age. MGM has Bear in the big blue house, Disney playhouse shows, the Honey I shrunk the kids set they can play in. I am going to skip Epcot myself and do MGM on the first day. I figure we will be jet lagged and MGM is a lot of sitting to watch shows so I am sure we will be better off doing that the first day. We can get a good nights sleep then and go to Magic Kingdom the second day when we are better rested. You can rent strollers if your not bringing one. I suggest you do Peter Pan flight cus its my fave ride and the kids are blown away too!

Gosh I hope your son has a magical time. You will want to take him back when he gets older... trust me!

Jokelady from Canada

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Orlando in February with toddler

Definitely book a character meal glad! Your guaranteed adorable pictures with the characters and if your going to have a meal in the park anyway it's well worth it! Our favorite character breakfasts are The Crystal Palace with Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet or Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary resort which is on the monorail system close to the Magic Kingdom. Mickey and Minnie are at the Contemporary.

Our favorite dinner character meal is at the Libery Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom with Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

To book call 407-WDW-DINE.

staffs
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Orlando in February with toddler

Hi Gladouche,

I agree with many of the above posts...give epcot a miss till another time, and if you find your running out of time, miss mgm off too.

I took my 3 year old last year and his favourites were magic and animal, both really special parks for a 3 year old (his reaction bought tears to my eyes!!)

My son also loved the 2 disney water parks, highly recommended, so perhaps you could do 2-3 hours one morning?

Sea world is also great.

My itinery would be...

Morning 1, magic kingdom, perhaps going back at night for the amazing shows.

Morning 2, couple of hours at water park and then on to sea world.

Morning 3, half day at animal, water park if you feel you can fit it in and then onto magic for a final time.

It can be done, trust me...if I can do it with a 3 year old (i'm a very "un-energetic person!!)you can too.

You'll have a fantastic time what ever you do...just do an itinery and try to stick to it as much as is possible with a 3 year old!

samandtom.

Chicago, IL
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Orlando in February with toddler

Thanks to everyone responding to my post!!! I greatly appreciate it!

Our vacation was great, although a little short and cooler than expected. But, at least our first and last days were warm.

We tried to take it easy and really enjoyed our stay in Orlado.

Our hotel (Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive) was wonderful, clean and not far away from the parks.

We visited Magic Kingdom on our first morning, then after taking a nap went to MGM that same evening.

Next day we decided to go to the Cocoa Beach - it was cold, windy, but still nice.

Following day was reserved for Animal Kingdom. It was fun and exciting. Our son loved it! He enjoyed every second of it!

On the next day we had a breakfast with characters at Chef Mickey's. That was also a great choice! Very good food! Our son was mesmerized by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy.....

We loved it so much that we decided to go back at the end of April again.