We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another quick question

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Another quick question

Landing in Orlando in 1 week, so now I have all this last minute questions.

I'm staying at Disney. How would I travel from Disney to Universal? What does the cheapest option cost?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another quick question

hire a car

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another quick question

The cheapest, but also the worst, is using the public buses in Orlando, but to get to Universal from Disney you have to take 1 Disney bus to DTD or TTC(or whatever gets you to DTD or TTC), than from DTD or TTC you got to take at least 2 of the public buses (LYNX) to get to Universal

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another quick question

I agree that a rental car makes the most sense. If you don't want to rent it for your entire trip, rent it for a few days and concentrate your off property visits to those days. If you don't want to rent a car, you have two choices other than the Lynx bus (which is a bad choice anyway). You can call a shuttle company and arrange a shuttle (guest services at your resort should be able to assist with this) or you can use Disney transport to Downtown Disney and taxi from there to your final destination. Taxis, however, are very expensive. Downtown Disney is the closest point on property to Universal as well as the most convenient point for catching Disney transport to any part of Disney property. I find it easier to make a connection there than at the TTC most of the time, depending on where I'm going.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another quick question

Someone said that there's a Lynx bus that runs from the TTC to Seaworld. From there you could pick up the I-Drive trolley; I think it stops near Universal, though not in it.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another quick question

Thanks,

What does a car cost per day? Also what does a single bus trip cost? Will I have to pay for parking at Universal?

Also, please give me a time estimate of travelling from Disney to Universal via the bus- 1 hour? 20 Minutes??

M

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another quick question

If you go to Mears Transport you can get a cost of a shuttle/taxi to the park you wish.All you need to do is type in the hotel address and it will give you a price.We are going to be using these for our trip in may as we are not hireing a car and staying at animal kingdom lodge.Hope this helps.You can also try this site www.dibb.co.uk for more answers.

Hewlett, New York
Level Contributor
678 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another quick question

You can also hire a car service. The fee is $35 one way from WDW resorts to Universal. Thats for a towncar not a taxi and does not include a tip. Try Tiffany car service or Legacy car service. I've used Legacy and had no problems. Will use Tiffany this time b/c rate for my needs is cheaper. If you book online they have a $5 coupon which I know is good from airport to hotel transfers, don't know about hotel to hotel transfers.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another quick question

Makes...What resort are you staying at and I can give you a better idea of what the time would be using the LYNX.