We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

hello my hubby and i are looking to go to disney for the 4th of july weekend(july 1-4) and would like to stay at a hotel near disney(maybe half a mile to a mile away) and tha offers a complimentary shuttle as we do not wish to rent a car...so far we realllly liked the hyatt grand cypress...very nice hotel however they do not offer a complimentary shuttle...so we dont knwo what to do...any suggestions will be great..we do not want to spend more than a $1000 for both with air included ..which is how much the hyaat is at expedia with air package..thanks in advance :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

Any of the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd which is within walking distance to Downtown Disney would give you the free shuttle.

Have a look at the Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World Resort,

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa.

Staying on Disney property would also be another great option.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

Check out the Hilton at Downtown disney,one of our favorites and you will get the extra magic hours which is nice. The Holiday Inn DTD is also very nice and brand new.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

Buena vista suites or Caribe Royale really close by and good shuttle service.

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

hey thanks for ur responses, we really wnat to b near magic kingdom and epcopt which is the parks we hope to visit, is there a public bus tha runs tha we can take from the hyatt? how far from the parks is the hyatt?...i really have my heart set on the hyatt BUT...if i find something with a better location and equally beautiful and within the price range im game to change my mind :) keep the suggestions coming please

we checked out lake buena vista palace but it has horrid reviews..sooo not sure we wnat to try that lol

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace and loved it. Had a tower room overlooking DTD fabulous:)

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

how do you guys feel about the gaylord palms..seems quite nice and they offer complimentary shuttle to the theme parks...any suggestions?

pa
Level Contributor
55,168 posts
7. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

Gaylord Palms is Lovely but for the Price I would rather stay at a Disney Resort and be closer to the Parks, have transportation to the Parks any time I want, as well as to and from the Airport ( Free Magical Express ), Extra Magic Hours ( will come in handy during the July 4th Busy time ) , Perk of adding the Disney Dining Plan and No Resort fees

Always good to Add it all up and compare the costs

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

hey guys we just booked! we decided on the gaylord palms.....they are currentely having a promotion.....we booked a package via orbitz...july 1 to july 4 nonstop flights on delta...total was $950 for the both of us!!! for a 4 and a half star hotel...and they have free shuttles to all the parks...i dont think u can beat that!..i just hope we enjoy the hotel..it sure does look nice!...but thanks a mill for all the suggestions :)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

You will be very happy at the Gaylord Palms-the only gripe we ecer had with them is they have outrageous parking fees. But nice rooms,lovely pool and nice restaurants though i would definitely get snacks and beverages elsewhere.

10. Re: hotel near disney world with free shuttle???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 22, 2012