We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

We are travelling to Miami in March, we only have 5 full days in Orlando. What attractions should we see whilst there. We visited Euro Disney only 18 months ago, so should we miss Disney and spend the time visiting others? or is the Disney Kingdom much different from EuroDisney?? Please advise, getting very confused!!

Dundee, Scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

If you have already been to EuroDisney, I'd just buy a 2-day ticket and go to Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Or do both parks in one day. Animal Kingdom is best early in the day. Discovery Cove is worth visiting as is Seaworld.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,764 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

"Confused" should be the official visitor's word for Orlando.

Five full days in Orlando can allow you much flexibility if you're willing to run from dawn to midnight. If you liked EuroDisney at all, I suggest you pick one or two of the non-Magic Kingdom Disney parks to visit, like Epcot or Animal Kingdom. They are totally different and unique in their own way.

There are many, many things to do, but you have to determine where your interests lie and narrow down from there. There are dinner shows, non-Disney theme parks, water parks, mini-golf, etc.

Figure out what you like best, then repost. Maybe I or someone else can give you specific suggestions.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

If you have just done EuroDisney I would spend one day at Epcot and 3/4 day at Animal Kingdom to finish that day off with dinner and shopping at Downtown Disney. Next, I would move on to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/SeaWorld which will all take one day each. Five days filled!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
757 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

So is the general feel that if you've already been to EuroDisney or Disneyland to give Magic Kingdom a miss?

Does Magic Kingdom have anything different to Disneyland in Anaheim?

West yorkshire
Level Contributor
668 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

I agree with the others...I would give magic Kingdom a miss but would go to epcot and Animal Kingdom....I would also advise Discovery cove although a bit expensive but well worth it especially with the dolphin swim and price includes a pass to seaworld which is a really lovely park.The other day I would travel up to Busch Gardens and on the way back travel Via Clear water and watch the gorgeous sunset and have a meal at the fish restaurant which is right on the seafront (it used to be called Johny Laverocks)

staffs
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

Hi,

I don't really agree with the other posts, i've been to both disney paris and florida twice and don't think they compare. I think you still need to do all 4 of the disney parks even if you only do a half day at both. If you do have to miss any it should be Epcot, which although great is the weakest of the 4, and possibly mgm...magic and animal kingdom are musts (in my opinion).

Also try to get a half day at one of the disney water parks...fantastic for adults and kids.

Don't bother with kennedy, too far out for what it is.

universal studios and island of adventure are great too...this can all be done trust me!

Have a great time

samandtom

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Days in Orlando - what should we see?

It also depends on the age group of you travelers. If you are older, then Universal, Islands of Adventure, Epoct, Animal Kingdom and either MGM or Sea World.

If there are Kids then consider DisneyWorld