We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Dining & Breakfast

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Dining & Breakfast

We are thinking about the Dining Plan. We are not lunch people but will be eating breakfast at the hotel (Port Orleans). If one grabs various items, like juice, cereal, coffee, yogurt...how does this "count" against your plan?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

Hey Jilleebean, I have had the same question. I've emailed WDW, and their reply was a standard about how many counter meals, table meals, and snacks you receive when you purchase the plan. Yesterday I replied to that message saying, yes, I know, but can we use a counter meal (entree, side, beverage) for cereal, fruit, and milk at breakfast. They should reply later today, I think they're guidelines say they'll answer within 24 hours. I'll post again when I hear from them. I like to start my family's day out with a healthy breakfast, and then we snack all day and don't eat lunch, and have a nice evening meal. If we can't use the counter service meal for breakfast, it will pretty much go unused, and we won't bother purchasing the dining plan.

Apalachin NY
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter and used 1 of our counter services for breakfast and got an omelette, bagel, fruit and milk. The cashiers are very helpful with telling you what you can get on the plan. We used one of our counter services for dinner one night and they even let us come back to get our dessert (ice cream)later. We loved using the dining plan.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

That's where we'll be, the Port Orleans French Quarter. Hopefully we'll have the good service you experienced, too. I'm still waiting to hear back from WDW...

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

Thanks, Sandi. Let us know what you learn.

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

Hey everyone,

I know you have questions about the dining plan. Let me explain the best I can. For example, if you are staying for 7 nights, you will get 1 table service and 1 counterservice meal and a snack per day. This is per person.

You are not obligated to use it everyday but you should. When you check into a disney hotel, they will give you a card with your name on it. On that card it includes, your meals, it is also your room key and if you want, you can put money on it from your credit card so you don't have to carry the credit card. You can put as much money on this card you like. It will be deducted from your credit card and added to the disney card.

Everytime you use your card for a meal, on your receipt, it will show the balance of your table service, meal service and snacks that you have remaining. Be careful because there are some restaurants that are sit down meals that require two table service meals. When you receive your package, a meal plan pamphlet will be included and it will list all the restaurants at every disney park and hotel. It will also show you if it is a counter or table service meal and it will show you which restaurants require 2 table service meals.

Please be sure to make your reservations for the table service meals in advance because they may not be available when you arrive. You can make reservations now if you like. I would strongly recommend it.

Its is worth it because there are some meals we have eaten (there were 3 of us) and the bill came to over $150 easy.

Any other questions, I will be glad to answer.

Harlemgirl

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

Thanks, Harlem. Very useful info. I suppose my remaining question is the one originally posed: How does this work in a Food Court situation, especially for breakfast?

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

Jilleebean,

I am sorry for not answering your original question. I stayed at all movies. I am not sure if it works the same but here goes....

I ordered meals which included a drink and a fruit or muffin. Heres a trick though...get a $10 souveigner cup (which you get unlimited fountain drinks,including coffee or tea). That way you can get juice and unlimited coffee or vice versa.

Honestly, I do not know how it works if you get cereal, what is included. I have seen other families get cereal, milk, fruit but I dont know if it includes yogurt.

Hope it helps.

Harlemgirl

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

We use our counter serve for breakfast but we get one of the combo things with Mickey Waffles and bacon and a drink. We have been told that if you use your counter for breakfast it doesn't include a dessert item which they may consider yogurt a dessert. It sometimes just depends on who checks you out. You would think they would be glad to let you just get cereal, fruit, and yogurt and use up a counter since those items are cheap.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Dining & Breakfast

I received an email back from WDW, they did say that cereal, fruit and milk would be considered entree, side and drink. Don't know about yogurt, I didn't ask about that. We try to avoid things like rolls and bacon at breakfast, we get enough sugar and fat throughout the course of our day! I'm printing out this email and taking it with me, just in case, but I'm sure it will be no problem. I'm going to call and put the Dining Plan on our reservation today. Can't wait until 2/10! POFQ here we come!