We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando trip planning advice!

Seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando trip planning advice!

We are a group of 6 young adults visiting Orlando for 2 days in last week of April 2011. I am seeking advice on planning our trip best! Our main requirement is amusement parks/theme parks. We have already seen Universal Studios, Sea World, DisneyLand in LA. We love (A) Thrill-rides. (B) Water parks, & so far I have on my list Islands of Advdenture & Wet 'N Wild only.

(1). Is DisneyWorld still worth going to? [rides! remember :)]

(2) How long does it typitcally take at Wet N' Wild to finish up all rides?

(3) How long does it typically take at Islands of Advetures to finish all rides

4. What other parks are worth considering? Are Usch Gardens & Adventure Island really good?

5. If we gotta head to a beach in the evening, what beach would you suggest? Cocoa/Daytona/any other? We like partying :D

6. Does Orlando have good nightclubs? Or is it preferable to go to the coast? We are OK with large crowds.

Please advise!!

Moncton, NB
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

Blizzard beach is so much better than Wet n wild. I love seaworld. Bush gardens in Tampa has the most and great coasters. Have fun

pa
Level Contributor
55,124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

With only 2 days and going during Easter Week ( the 2nd busiest week of the Year ) I would focus on maybe 3 Parks

Islands of Adventure 1 day ( the New Wizarding World Of Harry Potter has one of the Best New Thrill rides :) You can Party at Citywalk when the sun goes down.1 day for Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot ( need to get a 1 day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option added

I do agree if you are going to a Waterpark, Blizzard Beach is Swell. Everyone should try Summit Plummet at least Once wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…blizzard.htm

Disney World is alot bigger and better than DL ( 4 Parks, 2 Waterparks, Downtown Disney and so much more. It is 47 square miles of Fun )

The Nearest Beach is at least an hour away, not really recomending that on such a short trip

Edited: 8:34 pm, February 16, 2011
Washington State
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

I agree with Partypa if you only have one day in Disney you should park hop (takes a bit of time to travel between parks). But, I would say visit Epcot and Animal Kingdom for the thrill rides. Disney has 2-4 per "thrill rides" per park so you might want to visit the official disney website to see which will work best for you. Fast Pass everything that you can and it will help you get through the rides you want to do (also if you arrive early at park opening you will have better luck with getting on the popular rides). Finally, if you can do single rider on a ride, DO IT, it will get you on the ride close to your friends and get you through quickly. Of the 4 parks I would suggest the following:

Animal Kingdom: Everest, Everest, Everest (so much fun and very fast), Kali River will get you pretty wet, Dinosaur (fun not too fast but bumpy, fun & loud) and finally the Kilaminjaro safari (not fast but fascinating seeing the animals, loved this ride!!). Primeval whirl wasn't open when we visited a week ago so maybe it will be when you travel? It looks similar to Mulholland Madness at California Adventure.

Epcot: Mission Space (green version was for us but orange is pretty intense if you enjoy simulator rides), Test Track (fun and fast, if you do this, use the single rider line it will be soooo much faster, I think we did this ride 3x in 30 minutes with the single rider!!) and Soarin (same as Disney California Soarin so if you've already done it you can skip if you don't have time).

Magic Kingdom: Space (the seats you ride in will be the comfiest seats you will ever have on a ride in DisneyWorld, like a recliner!), Splash and Thunder are all similar to Disneyland so don't know if you should bother with Magic Kingdom unless you like the nostaglia of Disney (well who doesn't love this?)

Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror (of course!! Different every time and absolutely terrifying even after the 3rd time that day!!) and Rock & Roll (this was a lot shorter than I expected, not like California Screamin' but still a ton of fun!). These are the only two "thrill" rides at this park. Toy Story is almost identical to Disney California so may not be worth you trying to fastpass as they "sell out" within 1-2 hours of park opening.

Don't discount the fun of getting Character pics if you don't have to stand in line, they are so fun and a great memory regardless of if you are 9 or 99). We only went to Disney parks (but no water parks) so I'm not able to speak to the other parks. Have a fabulous time, well how could you not, you are in DisneyWorld!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

Well I will have to go against the grain and say that if its thrill rides you want stick with Universal/IOA and consider Busch gardens. It is a bit further out but they are currently building a massive roller coaster called Cheetah hunt. If you are lucky it will be open when you visit but it looks like it is going to blow anything disney has to offer out of the water and anything Universal/IOA has to offer as well in pure rollercoaster terms!

www.youtube.com/watch…

There are also some of the best coasters in Florida at Busch. Shikra, Montu, Gwazi, Kumba, Congo river rapids. Plenty to keep you busy all day.

Defiantly use single riders queues as much as possible, but dont expect to go in the SRQ and get let on as a group.

Universal/IOA are great parks. Plenty of big thrill coasters, some great water rides at IOA. They new Harry Potter ride which everyone is saying is amazing!

Combine that with spiderman which is an awesome and well established dark ride, dragons challenge two rides in one. You have to make sure you go on both as they are different and one is better than the other!

The Hulk, it still packs a punch, Dr dooms fearfall which is always a laugh.

Universal really should not be missed due to the Mummy. An amazing indoor ride which I could just ride all day!

There is plenty of stuff at those two parks to keep you busy for the 2 days.

Aquatica is a great waterpark. I really enjoyed the rapids. Think lazy river on steroids!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,974 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

i agree that US/IoA and Busch Gardens are more suited to your thrill ride needs.

Also the Disney water parks although lovely are more family orientated whilst Wet & Wild is better for teenagers

6. Re: Orlando trip planning advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 12, 2012