We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:12 pm, September 24, 2014
Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

You will amazed at how much DisneyWorld has. The complex is HUGE. A few things to know outside of the obvious:

Get to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom before opening for the pre-shows. Your little girl will love. At MK all of the characters ride in on the train together (they may do this at DisneyLand too, I haven't been there is several years so I can't remember) and at Animal Kingdom they have some characters out front and many times real animals with their trainers.

At MGM, in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground area, the dog's nose has a sensor on it so if you touch it it will sneeze on you. The Stars and Motor Cars parade is really cute and colorful with many walking characters also who will come right up to you if you are on the front.

At Epcot, she will enjoy making a mask and adding to it at each Kidcot Stop in each country of WorldShowcase. And Turtle Talk with Crush is really really cute.

At Animal Kingdom, make sure you go on the first safaris out in the morning to see the most animals.

You are allowed to tour resorts even if you aren't staying on-site. The guard will stop you at the gate and you just tell them you are touring. I recommend going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for walking around. Many times the Zebras, Giraffes, and other wildlife come really close to the fence line.

If I think of anything else, I'll try to post it.

Have a great time. You are going to just LOVE the World.

2. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:12 pm, September 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

If you are looking for non theme park type things to do with a 2yo try heading up to Sanford and spend a few hours at the Central Florida Zoo. It's a rather nice little zoo where you can get upclose to many of the animals. Another place she might enjoy is Homosassa Springs in Homosassa FL.

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

About Discovery Cove - is it worth the price? I think it's definitely worth doing at least once, but consider your child's age and how comfortable they will be around a large animal. We did it the first year it opened with kids aged 8 and 10. The 8 year old was not as comfortable being around the dolphins as I thought he would be at first, but he did enjoy it and we have the pictures to prove it. Another younger girl in our group (6 or 7 years old) was very hesitant to be with the dolphin and just didn't look like she was enjoying it very much. Those dolphins are larger than you think and you're only with them 30 minutes or so. Everything else about the place was great, even the food.

Oak Forest IL
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

I'm not sure of the rules for this site, but we use the passporter books, have the 04 &06 editions, but that is exclusive to Disney. Since it will be hot, take advantage of the interactive fountains in the parks, the waterparks will probably be a waste on someone that young. Airels Grotto in MK, our kids had a blast, there is one in Downtown Disney back by the christmas shop (I think) just be sure to bring a change. I was surprised how much fun the kids had at the Beer Garden in the German pavillion-they loved to polka! Good call on the kitchen- we saved a ton of time especially in the morning.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

Not sure about the suitability for a 2 year old because of the noise but Boggy Creek is a great day out and very reasonably priced-turn up and go on an air boat to see gators, wild birds-we saw a family of american eagles, albeit from a distance,snakes,turtles-all in the wild. great stuff-afterwards one of the guides had a baby gator that you could touch/stroke etc.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

With a 2year old you will be limited to what you can enjoy. However, remember adults need fun too. So take turns holding the child and each parent can shoot to the front of the line if the ride had a area for single riders.

MK will be the best park for a 2yr old. Look for times when teh character come out and have your camera ready. The smiles you will get melt your heart. I would consider Bush Gardens in Tampa instead of Animal Kingdom. I believe they have more animals and better oppertunites to see them. That was a 4 years ago. Don't know if AK had improved that much.

I would skip Discovery cover until the child is older. Sea world is great. You can pet the Ray. (Very unusal experience) You can also go right net to the dolphin holding tank and if lucky, one may come up to you.

Epcot firework show is spectacular. Make sure your child gets some rest in the afternoon because the show is late in the evening and they may sleep throught it.

I youd forget Universal on this trip, but if you go, just do Island of adventure. The DR Suis area will be fun for the kids.

Strabane...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

We were in Disney in December. This was our daughter's second trip to Disney. She is 7. If you would like to see some of the Disney characters up close and personal, I would definitely recommend one of the character meals. On our recent trip, we went to three breakfasts. The food was very good and each princess or character visits your table and takes time to visit. We had breakfast in the Castle with Cinderella, the Fairy Godmother and three other princesses. It is very hard to get seating for this breakfast. You have to call 90 days in advance and start calling at 7:00 a.m. sharp. The seating is usually gone in 10 minutes. If you are interested in this breakfast, allow numerous days to go in case you don't get your first choice.

We also visited Sea World while in Orlando. We absolutely loved it. My husband wasn't thrilled about going there; but after the first show, he was hooked. We bought our tickets on-line and once we got there, got a second day for free.

I would recommend signing up for the free newsletters from Mousesavers.com. Each month they have new deals for all different types of Disney activities.

ra3
cleethorpes u.k.
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

hi oc2cabo..i am afraid ur daughter is too young to swim with dolphins at discovery cove it is agrt place i have done it twice children have to be 6 yrs..raymond

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 wks Orlando in July-need advice, sites, tips-have a 2 yr...

It will be very hot and humid in July/August. We have a two year old and he loves WDW. His fav's are the living seas /Nemo at Epcot, FantasyLand in MK, most of Animal Kingdom, and not much at mgm. He also adores Seaworld. You could take a day trip to Tampa and hit the beach or other things there. There are many parks (not amusment, just regular kind) in the ORlando area you'll want to check out in the morning or evening to let your child play. Tons of great places to eat and malls as well. Have fun. Be sure to do the research and have a general plan.