We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf vacation

Edmonton Alberta
1 post
Save Topic
Golf vacation

please reccomend a golf and stay package for orlando florida area

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf vacation

No personal experience, but here are the main stay and play places to check out:

Bayhill Club and Lodge: Arnold Palmer's place, home of tournament that Tiger Woods won 4 times

Grand Cypress Resort--Villas or Hyatt: 45 holes of Nicklaus golf

Walt Disney World: 99 holes of golf, including courses used in the PGA Funai Classic (Tiger won it 2 times)

Omni Resort at Championsgate: 36 holes of Greg Norman golf (Father-Son classic is played here); newer hotel, David Leadbetter golf school

Ritz Carlton/JW Marriott Grand Lakes: Greg Norman course

Orange County National GC: Onsite lodge, 36 holes of golf, has (and I think will again) hosted the PGA tour qualifying school finals; a little out of the way though

Mission Inn Resort: 45 minute to 1 hr drive from attractions by FL turnpike in Lake County (Howey in the Hills), 2 courses, up to 80 foot elevation changes

Orlando World Center Marriott: Large hotel, Hawks Landing Golf course

Marriott Grande Vista: 9 hole course, Nick Faldo golf school, 18 hole golf course owned by Marriott across the street.

Hope this helps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf vacation

Also:

Orange Lake Resort & CC: 2 main courses, and I think an executive type course as well

Wyndham Palms Resort & CC: Mystic Dunes golf club

Both of the above are timeshares, as well as Marriott Grande Vista.

Shingle Creek Resort and Golf Club: 18 holes, and hotel I believe opens in 2006.

Reunion "Resort?" and Country club: Several courses are slated, including Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus design. Not sure if they're open yet; also, not sure if this is a resort or vacation home rental or permanent dwelling or all three.