We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photo id?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
3 posts
Save Topic
photo id?

I am coming to florida on the 24th. I brought all the park tickets here (UK) (via Kieth Prowse) and on the documents that came with them they say you need photo id. Has anyone ever been asked for id to get into the parks? does this mean I will have to carry our passports with us everywhere? my kids are 8 and 10, so obviously no driving licences for them, but would they do for us instead? or maybe colour copies of our passports? thanks

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photo id?

Did you get tickets or vouchers? If you got vouchers you have to exchange them at one of the tickets centers and you have to show them Photo ID, if you got tickets there is no need for them to check your ID you will just use the tickets and enter the park.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: photo id?

We have never been asked for photo id for park entry so like other post said, if you have actual passes then you shouldn't need it for that. You will be asked to show photo id when you use your credit card for charges at stores, etc. So make sure you have your photo driver's license with you for that.

Santa Barbara, ca
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photo id?

You won't need your ID to get into the parks as said if you have TICKETS already. However.....I never travel anywhere without my ID. Get an easy small backpack and bring yours and your wifes with you, it's always a good idea, better safe than sorry and irritated! It's easier to carry it than to need it and not have it.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photo id?

You wont need it for the parks but if you look anything like under 30 then you may find you get asked for buying alcohol

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: photo id?

We were in Orlando four years ago, and were asked to show our ID (passports), when we visited Wet 'n' Wild - even though we had the proper tickets (not vouchers). Going back again this year, and am a little concerned about carrying our passports around constantly, as I worry that they will either get damaged or lost!!!!

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: photo id?

If you can photo copy in B&W the back page of yur passport and laminate it then use that as ID .Saves carrying round the whole thing .I say B&W as apparently it is illegal to copy in color.

Save Reply
7. Re: photo id?

hi thanks for the advice, for disney and universal we got tickets, but for discovery cove we got a voucher. So I guess that we will only need the id for discovery cove which is alot better, than having to carry them around all the time. thanks

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: photo id?

This is a big difference between the States and UK. I don't carry photo ID and don't intend to. I am never going to carry my passport around in my back pocket for obvious reasons.

I cannot believe that Disney are so officious as to demand photo ID - where will it all end? It is as if they see themselves as a small country or ... world - perhaps they are believing there own publicity.

PA
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photo id?

The only time we had to show I.D. was for Military Ticket purchases or promotions.

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: photo id?

We have never been asked for ID for tickets, but if you want to have a nosey around the Disney hotels you will need picture ID - my hubby showed his works card and that was acceptable. If you have a car it is law that you carry your driving licence with you. I still have a paper one and that is okay. If you copy the back page of your passport make sure it is black and white as colour is illegal. We rang Disney from our hotel on arrival and managed to get the Crystal Palace - you are going at a fairly quiet time of year so I think you will be okay!! Have a fab time.